CGC calling FCBD first full Virus

Because there are way too many copies out there. I already confirmed you can still order copies from Diamond. They’re like 25 cents each, bundled in groups of 10 each.

And no, just because it’s a “first appearance” according to published date doesn’t mean the market is going to go into full demand for the book. It was late to the party, the market is swinging for Venom #25 and Venom #26 for Virus related books.

Dumb question … I assume we can’t order directly from Diamond?

No idea. Personally I like the 26 for Virus. I’m not even going to bother getting any more FCBD.

1 Like

No. Diamond is the distributor.

Unfortunately, I don’t think encapsulating designations like that seems possible as there will always be other past and future mitigating events.

This is why I’m just an advocate of, who cares what they put on the label… are you buying a fancy label with a description on it along with a grade or a comic book? Buy the book, not the slab… :wink:

1 Like

Anyone ever think that CGC will do something like this in hopes it “boosts” the submissions of such book? It wouldn’t surprise me they use the labeling and descriptions to their own advantage to boost some more sales… After all, the more books they slab, the more profit they make :wink:

2 Likes

Would not be surprising or unprecedented, like every other company they are going to want to increase their bottom line.

Reminds me of the rating agencies who designated bonds with triple A ratings prior to the financial crisis just so customers would not go to their competition.

It definitely makes sense that they would do that.

Hell just look at CGC’s sister company, NGC. They will make sure to shame the hell out of your coin if you clean it before submitting it. They put “CLEANED” on the label and it is seriously frowned upon. HOWEVER if you use THEIR cleaning service, you’re good to go.

Nobody likes laundered money. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Oh, that’s a good one haha

1 Like

CGC puts plenty of wrong shit on labels and takes no responsibility or financial liability when someone spends thousands on the wrong book because of CGC’s label. This is the same Secret Wars #8 vs ASM #252 argument. ASM#252 came out 6 months before Secret Wars #8 but CGC use to label Secret Wars #8 1st Black Suit Spidey because chronologically the story takes place first even though ASM# 252 and 30 other Black suit Spidey appearances took place prior. Well they changed that back to ASM#252 meanwhile causing mass confusion and wasted money, Then they did it again for ASM#252 saying SS#90 and Marvel Team up tied ASM#252 for first black suit Spidey causing more confusion and wasted money and then moved first black suit Spidey to ASM#252 only once again. Venom #25 and #26 came out prior to the FCBD the FCBD shipped the following week of Venom #26. The only person pre selling these was drewbizz/comicxsposure and they didn’t ship them any earlier than anyone else.

Funny thing is CGC does this all the time and you guys still use them but if midtown ships your book a week late there will be hell to pay.

2 Likes

Why is this even an argument? First appearance is Venom 25. Both inside the book and on the cover.

End of story. These two books are competing for 2nd and 3rd place.

2 Likes

Umm… I’m not only the advocate of buy the book and not the slab but I’m also the President of Keep Your Books Free And Floppy… :wink:

1 Like

Which 2nd place is the first loser right? :wink:

1 Like

Those are cameos. We’re arguing First Full Appearances.

I sold a book to someone with the last name Chu yesterday thinking about inviting him to join here.

Exactly. 2nd and 3rd appearances. Full appearance is another label made up to give significance to a 2nd appearance.

1 Like