CGC pickups

3 posts were split to a new topic: PGX Pickups

I got my first order back from CGC, more a test run to see how the experience was. I was a CBCS customer up until they were bought by Beckett a few years ago. I dont flip books so all of these were mostly for the cover art and the PC. I was shooting for 9.6, 9.8s. no pre-screens.

so the grading was a little suspect, but overall not the worst… but not the best. No broken plastic shards or mislabels! Woohoo! Not as good as the newer CBCS case tho.

4 9.8 - thought 2 of these were 9.6
3 9.6 - thought these were more or less the same grades
2 9.4 - thought these were at least 9.6s
1 8.5 - this one is on me totally missed a stain, ah well bummer but at least the cover is cool enough to display.

5 Likes

What were you doing with that guardians book since 2021 that it’d get a “stain”…?

:flushed:

He had a weak moment when he saw Gamora :grin:

1 Like

lol guys got ya minds in the guttah!

big lebowski bowling GIF

1 Like

Small batch back from CGC yesterday

14 Likes

Got some books back after pressing and submitting from a while back. Very pleased with our results

9 Likes

Looks like CGC is doing some kind of pr work tomorrow on Instagram. Edit: Sorry it’s NEXT Tuesday. So you all have time to write some questions down.

2 Likes

Hey Matt - I know everything’s subjective; but why do I have to send the same book in 3 times to get the appropriate grade? How do you ensure consistency amongst your graders who clearly are on different wavelengths.

2 Likes

Who’s pubic hairs keep showing up in CGC slabs? That’s the only thing I wanna know… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

If you guys are expecting Matt Nelson to answer all your tough questions, you’re going to be severely disappointed. He did an interview on Beyond Wednesday and I had to turn it off after 20 minutes. I understand the host is in a tough position by having a guest on and don’t want to ask all the tough questions. Just don’t have him on if all you’re doing is a PR spin on a company that is a lightning rod for controversy. This was during the time of acetategate.

4 Likes

I had this targeted at 9.6 prior to submission; and 9.6 it is.
Then again my watch broke 9:20 p.m. yesterday and it’s showing 9:20 pm right now.
Miracles do happen twice a day. :roll_eyes:

Highest signed copy on the census to date.
Comichron has this issue as (I think) less than 1000 copies (not a variant).
Adam Hughes great cover
Have one more (presumably) lower grade coming.
I’ll be happy only when I get it AND it’s not chipped, cracked, smudged, scuffed, etc… which is rare these days. Can a miracle of no damage and an accurately graded comic occur on the same item? Holding my breath.

3 Likes

3 Likes

This is going on now if anyone wants to watch.

Got a few older books back today.

16 Likes

Got these back from CGC:

I was hoping for a 4.0 or 4.5 on Batman 97 but I’m ecstatic the Detective Comics 241 came back a 5.0 from CGC! I thank my presser and cleaner for sure.

11 Likes

Those keepers or sellers

Basically anything I own is for sale for the right price besides certain Moon Knight items and sentimental items. I have one person I know from going to cons with some interest but don’t know if he’s for sure interested. If you have interest can always chat about them!

1 Like

Trade you a minty copy of She Hulk 3 (first Brailey Briggs, the next Miles) for your 5.0?

1 Like

Tempting, but until Slott confirms if they’re the same character or not I need to be cautious. Lol!

2 Likes