CGC pickups

I have opened up a newer CGC slab, and I did get the book out undamaged. The case did its job quite well. Mind you, I wasn’t trying to be ‘clean’.

Screenshot_20210228-145032Screenshot_20210228-145120

1 Like

I agree!
But we are such a small percentage of the population that feel this way. That is the unfortunate part. I’m happy to sell them; but I do not purchase them.

Winner winner chicken dinner right here!

1 Like

Quality control? What’s that? We got books to grade!

2 Likes

New addition. Nothing special other than I love title, love this cover, and not easy to find in great shape. Great price at a shop locally.

10 Likes

Looks like box was dropped. How well was it packaged? Did you see the rest of the slab

Here’s my example of someone shoving a
Slab into a box that had no room for padding at the ends…and was subsequently dropped by usps.

This WAS a 9.6 newsstand…the only newsstand I’ve seen in this high a grade for this book on eBay in 4 years…USPS did not reimburse me for the damage, which made the book worthless.

The case had only a few blemishes from the impact.

1 Like

Time to go make myself some variants brb

1 Like

I believe the listing was removed. I had it on my watch list and now it’s completely gone. Not ended, not sold, gone. I’m curious about the reason for the removal. I bet you there is a juicy story that goes with this slab. Will we ever hear it?

My recent CGC haul. Been slowly pulling books from the PC. Todd you might appreciate the couple Newsstands but not as good as my old 9.8 UF4.

image image image image image image

11 Likes

Wowzers!

1 Like

impressive haul.

1 Like

Just close this thread forever. That is the haul to end all hauls. I feel like you now have a slabbed copy of every significant key this forum has talked about in the past year.

You have won the game. (and I lost).

2 Likes

As Dr Krieger said, “my penis can only get so erect.”

2 Likes

Grabbed these for the PC for what I thought was a good deal

5 Likes

New pickup! Have a raw copy but wanted a graded newsstand! Thought it was a steal at $345, but time will tell!

2 Likes

I just bought one of those raw for $100 a couple weeks ago and sent it off for grading yesterday.

1 Like

I picked this up the other day. 1st Viv. I feel like this book is undervalued in relation to the 1:25. There are actually more 1:25s on CGCs census than there is of the 1:20. Paid $205 US.

1 Like

Awesome. I have a raw newsstand copy and just bought a graded direct edition a couple weeks ago. Also a CGC 9.6.

Arrived back from CGC today

14 Likes

Out of curiosity, how long is the turnaround time for books sent to CGC from South Africa, @IbukiLord?