CGC pickups

As Dr Krieger said, “my penis can only get so erect.”

2 Likes

Grabbed these for the PC for what I thought was a good deal

5 Likes

New pickup! Have a raw copy but wanted a graded newsstand! Thought it was a steal at $345, but time will tell!

2 Likes

I just bought one of those raw for $100 a couple weeks ago and sent it off for grading yesterday.

1 Like

I picked this up the other day. 1st Viv. I feel like this book is undervalued in relation to the 1:25. There are actually more 1:25s on CGCs census than there is of the 1:20. Paid $205 US.

1 Like

Awesome. I have a raw newsstand copy and just bought a graded direct edition a couple weeks ago. Also a CGC 9.6.

Arrived back from CGC today

14 Likes

Out of curiosity, how long is the turnaround time for books sent to CGC from South Africa, @IbukiLord?

Congrats

1 Like

It’s a rollercoaster, I’ve had books come back in about 2-3 months, but lately it’s been taking ages, I sent a batch in July 2020 and it arrived back end of Jan 2021 but what is annoying is they were graded in September but took CGC over 3 months to pack and ship them.

These ones were sent in December and arrived back today.

2 Likes

Freshly back from CGC this morning.

Grading seemed correct, although I couldn’t have sworn the Department of Truth 2 would be a 9.8 and it got dinged. The batman 423 case was not sealed so I just emailed them for a resolution. I’ll post updates on what I get back from them.

3 Likes

I filled out the customer service form on CGC’s website and they replied within a few hours. They sent me detailed instructions on how to send the book back and the sent a prepaid shipping label. Everything is complimentary. It will go in the mail tomorrow and I’ll see how long it takes to get back.

I have no issues with buying lower high grade moderns. I do quite well with them.

3 Likes

@ToddW I got about 7 or 8 copies of that I had thought about sending in for grading. Did you submit those or buy them slabbed?

Came in the mail today.

9 Likes

I bought them off eBay. The only books I’ve ever submitted were for two books I also bought off eBay had debris in the holders. They re-slabbed them completely free. I’ve picked up a bunch of the variants as well recently.

Did you sub those, or did you buy graded? And how much money have you put into them?

I bought 2 great looking raw copies and those 2 9.8’s for $1200

1 Like

If you decide to sell any raw Young Avengers #1 hit me up.

I passed on so many Young Avengers #1 when they were reasonably priced holding out for a newsstand. A newsstand that I’m pretty sure doesn’t exist.

2 Likes