CGC pickups

I have never had someone pay for my meal ahead of me EXCEPT weirdly enough at an Arby’s too. No one was behind me either so I didn’t have to feel guilty if I didn’t, “Keep the chain going.” I wonder if the same person traveled across America and pays for Arby’s meals for everyone.

1 Like

I like that TF Movie #1…especially in the CBCS slab…jealous!

1 Like

For $40 I took a chance on this one

2 Likes

Low grade for a modern. I may try to sell raw. Or I may see if pressing could raise the grade and resubmit.

2 Likes

Nice book! I wouldn’t say it is a low grade even for a modern, especially for a future mega key! Even at a 9.4 I think it is still in that very desirable wheelhouse. If there aren’t any color breaking bends of stress marks on the spine there is a good chance it can be pressed higher though.

1 Like

DV3s are notorious for their color rubbing off on the back as well along the spine. That would quickly drop a book down to NM.

Got back a submission tonight, very happy!

18 Likes

So I’m never sure when to sell or hold. I’d appreciate any insight anyone can offer. Not attached to any of them, except maybe the Transformers.

Duplicates, sell now if you can make enough that pays for the cost + profit and have no attachment.

Some I would hold though. Silk will have another round if she makes it to our screens. Spider-Gwen has made it to the movies but the moment she gets a live action part, those will explode again in value.

2 Likes

I’d also hold onto DV#3 for the inevitable Aphra screen jump, and cover A of ice cream man - it was optioned once before (by quibi lol) and is a great series it will be optioned again - perhaps by shudder or Syfy. Sell cover B to recoup some costs.

1 Like

Everything was paid for w comic profits, so I’m in a position to hold if it’ll maximize profits. Thanks for the advice!

1 Like

I think I will sell cover B of Ice Cream Man, thx! DV3 is def a hold, but that’s one obvious. I have a CGC 9.6 4th print too. Trying to add more copies to be honest. I believe strongly in Aphra spec.

2 Likes

This book has a pretty interesting story. I bought it from DCBS for $2.79 which had to be the wrong price. I actually bought several at that price from them. Beachbum Comics was sending books to Jeehyung Lee in South Korea with a few slots for remarks as well. I sent them the book last July and I finally got it back today. Needless to say I am super excited to finally have it back home!

9 Likes

Always hard to hit peak market, and only 1 seller ever owns the ‘high sale’ at any given point in time, so, I would capitalize by selling the hot indie books, and then I’d sit on the rest until announcements are made about any characters who may be coming to live action. M2c.

1 Like

I just realized CGC put Inhyuk Lee instead of Jeehyung Lee. What is going on with their quality control. I’ve seen and heard of many different issues lately related to their quality control. Smh

2 Likes

Not if they sold for the same price. Lol.

Touche.

1 Like

Here is a recent photo from another group. This is his newly graded Nova #1, 9.8 CBCS.

Screenshot_20210228-091327

Apparently CGC isn’t the only co. with quality control issues. This book had shifted in its slab during return shipping. Apparently CBCS’ new cases aren’t as good as they look.

2 Likes

That type of damage would be hard to accomplish inside a case even with wiggle room.

1 Like

WHOAH…what’s your next move on this? That is horrible. Sorry that happened.