CGC pickups

13 Likes

That’s a biggie.

1 Like

That’s what the anime people in the ads on CHU sometimes say.

3 Likes

Remember when this was hitting $1k on ebay? I just got it for $300. If the heat ever returns, I think that wasn’t a bad entry price.

15 Likes

You did well!

1 Like

I just noticed that CGC messed up yet again. Label states it’s a Canadian Price Variant as well that it has a $0.95 cover price when it clearly is the regular newsstand with a $0.75 cover price.

5 Likes

Buy low, sell high… you likely nailed it if that’s the plan. :+1:

1 Like

I always sell while I’m high. I’m always high.

5 Likes

Lol.

1 Like

It’s legal here and it’s a great way to unwind at the end of a long day.

1 Like

Is that how you ended up with an American newsstand when you thought you were buying a Canadian price variant?

:wink:

2 Likes

A cold beer is my answer to that.

4 more minutes and I’m heading to the cooler…

:beers:

3 Likes

I’m not a big drinker and recreational cannabis is now legal in Missouri. Having dabbled in my life with alcohol and cannabis I prefer being totally sober (doctor-prescribed mood medication aside) as that is when I do my best writing or business-dealing. I can’t picture myself trying to cut a comic deal on edibles.

2 Likes

I am 90% sober myself.

1 Like

So does that mean you are 10% drunk? Equivalent to a 10.00% BAC?

0.40% BAC is essentially dead.

2 Likes

I rarely drink and don’t smoke, I should do both though.

2 Likes

10 Likes

It’s pretty amazing seeing the comic fire sale out there these days. Neither of these are close to being big books, but I got them both for $25 each. Grading costs more than that. Felt like I had to rescue them. :slight_smile: I mean, first Rogue Squadron and Lando?! Fine.

11 Likes

Ah yes, the war in the stars.

1 Like

1948, off white to white pages, Quality Comics publisher.

Just a man in a suit and tie straddling a giant red rocket with a crazy man in the head of it, just good old fashioned innocent fun…

7 Likes