CGC pickups

I don’t know the Golden Age very well at all; but is that not the Spirit? Hard to see from pic

Per toonopedia.com, " Tho they looked almost identical, Midnight wasn’t quite a clone of The Spirit . The biggest difference was, he maintained a secret identity and thus could come and go among the general public without drawing notice, whereas The Spirit lived in a secret headquarters which he seldom left without wearing his mask."

1 Like

Makes me think of the guy riding the nuclear bomb in, “Doctor Strangelove.”

1 Like

Got a vintage submission back. I like Nightmaster and Creeper for DC spec, the rest of the books are just a mix of keys and Neal Adams covers. 1st time I’ve had a 100% DC submission :upside_down_face:

14 Likes

Did you purposely rip the top half of the cover off to get a look at Zatana through the slab?

:wink:

2 Likes

Haha I did purposely buy it because it technically still has the cover AND she’s visible!

2 Likes

I have that issue of Hawkman and never realized it was the first appearance of Zatanna

I was going to say, I hate missing cover pieces but for this issue, it actually works well.

4 Likes

Hawkman has a Zatanna finger puppet.

2 Likes

:hushed:

I bought this raw and decided to roll the dice with grading as it was beautiful. One of my very favorites so I’m glad it did well. I did have it cleaned and pressed also.

16 Likes

Ditto here!
Bought one last year raw; rolled dice - and 9.6 it was.

Good job!

1 Like

I am a huge Dave Stevens fan, recentely realized there is a great checklist for his work. He has so many great covers that are still cheap I try to pick up when possible.

https://www.davestevens.com/gallery/checklist

3 Likes

In a severely down market, its truly shocking to see his books just increasing.

1 Like

1 Like

Saw this at a shop with a $50 price tag. Costs me nearly that to press & slab a pre 1975 book so couldn’t pass it up. I’m fine with anything in this genre with an 8.0 or higher.
It’s funny how similar DeZuniga’s covers can be to Adams. Or vice versa I suppose.
Feel bad for that dog though. :sob:

13 Likes

Agreed with VF or better pre-1975.
$50 is case cost so great job!

1 Like

Any Ra-Al Ghul Reference?

I love House of Mystery.

2 Likes

I was happy to win this for the opening bid of $29.99 plus shipping.

15 Likes