CGC pickups

Hopefully Tynion goes to SDCC this year and do it then with one of the CBCS guys as witness.

I can’t believe a 9.6 Frison FOC variant can be had for less than $100. Always bet on cover A…

2 Likes

Looks like Frison doing a CGC signing and I agree her SIKTC cover is awesome but the market voted for cover A

a small submission (also my final submission) came back today. this book isn’t a significant issue but i havn’t seen many 50’s comics graded 9.8 white pages so it’s kinda cool for that alone. mind you, i said, “graded 9.8”. i believe it’s clear that cgc calling a comic 9.8 means virtually nothing in terms of the actual grade but in terms of $$$? it’s still in the eye of the beholder/bidder/reholder.
and on that note, i’m now taking offers! :smile:

8 Likes

Managed to get one for a decent price

6 Likes

I submitted six books for a CGC 9.8 prescreen without any pressing. I received five back… not too shabby!

8 Likes

Now you can send them back for a 9.9!!! Don’t settle for 9.8!!!

I kid.

6 Likes

Do you guys think any of these five books have long term promise?

The Sozomaika one perhaps. That’s the one book I’d want in your selection here.

1 Like

The Sozomaika Vampirella might be her only open-order metal cover. I think it’s a great book to have if you are a fan of Sozo. I like the cover and I preordered the book for $65 from MCS, so I’m biased.

Love these labels, especially the matching silver age Daredevil.

4 Likes

My gripe with these labels is that the design is usually partially covered up by the hologram sticker.

I thought about it for my EotSV2 before I sent it in, but then saw what it looked like in the actual slab and half the city and Gwen is blocked.

Who comes up with these designs without considering the hologram sticker placement???!!!

4 Likes

Yeah I agree, some are even worse. The FF label completely covered Benny boy until they finally fixed it. I don’t get why they need the hologram to be so big, whoever is designing these can def up their game…

I’m not sure what the hologram does. I assume it’s to prevent counterfeit cases. But it’s been proven the cases can be tampered with. Can you not remove the sticker as well with a little heat?

1 Like

It does nothing for security, just gives ppl the false sense plus a little shiny advertising.

2 Likes

Just got my c2e2 drop off back today! Thrilled with the results!

8 Likes

What was the turn around time on those? Did you opt for ccs pressing?

2 Likes

@D-Rog I did opt for CCS and the total turnaround for pressing, grading, to shipping was 20 days.

That reminds me…gotta check in on my books that have been sitting at ccs for 2 months…

Fantastic Four #44 First Gorgon.

6 Likes