CGC pickups

When pressure, volume, demand and focus on delivery are amped up as they have been in this last year, what is the 1st aspect to suffer in any business.

Quality.

It is and will forever be the way.
Both these companies need to step up their game lest someone else come in and do the right thing the right way. They’re screwing up this past year big time… both of them

3 Likes

Not my book, CBC. It belongs to a member of another comic group that I participate in.

Yeah. Id imagine it would be quite difficult. I guess we gotta hand it to CBCS and FedEx. They managed to combine their inept forces too have accomplished this very difficult task that we speak of.

1 Like

I was actually saying the damage happened outside the case at some point. That’s not an impact crease and looks more like it got bent or folded.

You all over pay for graded books they are no different than raw books youre just paying for some ■■■■■■■ who probably has less experience in comics than you to give you a opinion. I guarantee you they hate their job find it extremely boring with no self fulfillment. The work never ends just keeps getting piled on up, youre under constant deadlines and probably a Alcoholic and suicidal. I have had problems and seen problems with all comic grading houses they are scams, all grading services are scams. Comics, cards, autographs, toys, video games doesn’t matter what’s being graded some one who could care less about your Collectables is driving a Ferrari by milking the community of fellow collectors.

1 Like

I also suggest EVERYONE here open up a graded book so you can see first hand how easy to open and cheaply made these cases are and you will put a lot less faith in graded books.

Unfortunately CGC has established itself and key or hot issues graded by them go for a premium. As long as there is money to be made with comics CGC will be around.

The one big difference between a graded book and a raw book is the resale value, regardless of who’s opinion gave the grade.

Buy the book, not the label.

I do not believe that to be the what happened in this scenario. It was damaged while in the slab, during shipping, as far as I’m aware. It is/was a 9.8. :man_shrugging:

I have opened up a newer CGC slab, and I did get the book out undamaged. The case did its job quite well. Mind you, I wasn’t trying to be ‘clean’.

Screenshot_20210228-145032Screenshot_20210228-145120

1 Like

I agree!
But we are such a small percentage of the population that feel this way. That is the unfortunate part. I’m happy to sell them; but I do not purchase them.

Winner winner chicken dinner right here!

1 Like

Quality control? What’s that? We got books to grade!

2 Likes

New addition. Nothing special other than I love title, love this cover, and not easy to find in great shape. Great price at a shop locally.

10 Likes

Looks like box was dropped. How well was it packaged? Did you see the rest of the slab

Here’s my example of someone shoving a
Slab into a box that had no room for padding at the ends…and was subsequently dropped by usps.

This WAS a 9.6 newsstand…the only newsstand I’ve seen in this high a grade for this book on eBay in 4 years…USPS did not reimburse me for the damage, which made the book worthless.

The case had only a few blemishes from the impact.

1 Like

Time to go make myself some variants brb

1 Like

I believe the listing was removed. I had it on my watch list and now it’s completely gone. Not ended, not sold, gone. I’m curious about the reason for the removal. I bet you there is a juicy story that goes with this slab. Will we ever hear it?

My recent CGC haul. Been slowly pulling books from the PC. Todd you might appreciate the couple Newsstands but not as good as my old 9.8 UF4.

image image image image image image

11 Likes

Wowzers!

1 Like

impressive haul.

1 Like

Just close this thread forever. That is the haul to end all hauls. I feel like you now have a slabbed copy of every significant key this forum has talked about in the past year.

You have won the game. (and I lost).

2 Likes