CGC pickups

Funny you say that, because my favorite is Jessica Drew Spider-Woman HOWEVER I haven’t yet read Araña.

11 Likes

It presents much nicer than the assigned grade!!

5 Likes

6 Likes

I really enjoyed that book…some people thought it a bit too out there, but I thought it was awesome until about book 5.

2 Likes

It definitely got crazy but I enjoyed the entire series enough to read it several times. My favorite book in the series was Wizard & Glass. I haven’t seen the movie though I will at some point.

2 Likes

If you liked the series I think you will like the movie…just because its the Gunslinger. I think a lot of people didn’t like it because they just didn’t understand the book and how crazy it is. Its not one I would watch all the time, but it was entertaining.

1 Like

It’s in my Amazon cart so I’ll see it soon.

Got a submission back yesterday and obviously very pleased!

12 Likes

Great hall! That We Live 1 is just in time for volume 2 coming out! Should renew interest in the series and I hope it’s good. I’m excited to see how they do the black and white stories.

1 Like

Thank you! Yeah I’m really excited for vol 2. I actually have a we live heavy submission going out to CGC this week.

1 Like

This looks like fun. As long as I don’t have to participate in the cgc chat boards…

2 Likes

3 Likes

Translation: “We forgot how to do our jobs properly. Can you guys remind us how?”

2 Likes

Ha! Good one!

Feels like a job interview, really…

1 Like

CGC EXEC: “We need to find a way to catch up on our backlog in grading while still holding Signing events and expanding our card business … but without hiring, training, or paying anyone.”

INTERN: (muttering sarcastically) “just let everyone grade their own books and slap a label on it”

CGC EXEC: “I know! We upload the scans to the boards, let them guess the grades, and just slap a case on.”

INTERN: (concerned) “Won’t they think we’ve lost all integrity?”

CGC EXEC: “We have no integrity … besides, we call it a contest .”

INTERN: (confused) “Won’t they want to be paid?”

CGC EXEC: “You really are new here. We give them some fictional credit and let THEM contribute the prizes .”

INTERN: (dejected) “I’ll go post the contest …”

4 Likes

… and yet… the entire industry has bought into this sham hook, line and sinker. We’re so embedded in it now, there’s no getting out. CGC controls the industry 'cos that’s where the money is

1 Like

Same thing I’d going on in numismatics. If YOU clean a coin it is a big no no ans PCGS or NGC will dock your grade or slap their equivalent of a purple label on the slab.

However, if you pay for THIER cleaning services then everything is peachy.

I got this email last week.

And in 18 months how many comics…1000?

1 Like

I think it’s cool that they are having a contest with some pretty decent prizes. I’m over on the forums over there so I’ll have to check it out.

1 Like