CGC pickups

Does it leave a film or residue on the slab after cleaning?

1 Like

I used this after @Bill recommended it and it worked great, no film or residue.

2 Likes

Nope… no residue. Just as @zeropepp mentioned

1 Like

12 Likes

I got these for less than it would have cost me to submit them myself.

5 Likes

Nice batch. The Star Wars HR #1 2nd print is a great book for the future. I ordered a graded one from Dynamic Forces in January…you got yours before I’ve seen mine!

Hey all! Just got in this newstand double key Batman slab, but it seems to be in an older inner plastic sleeve, the ones without a well. From my point of view it looks like it can easily be damaged over time by this, and it also has some newton rings. Anyone have any books like this they kept this way? Do you guys think it’s worth contacting cgc about this and trying to get a reholder?

They have a 30 day return period if it’s after that you have to pay.

Ah the creep engine, aka Frankenholder.

Grade date was late 2016. May want to get it reholdered. Some reading material below.

1 Like

The 9.6 came in the mail today, the 2nd print does not come to auction often and raw copies tend to be unusually expensive for the condition. Started with the 9.0 and been going up in grade with each copy, guess I am done as a 9.8 is outside my price range.

7 Likes

I sold my 9.6 2nd print for $1400 about a year ago or so.

downloadyoda

Paid $611 which is less than half the typical price. There was a ratio of Marvel Now at auction ending right before this auction, it got a lot of attention and reduced competition.

1 Like

Thanks for this! I’ve sent in a contact form to cgc asking if they will honor this so we will see…

They did actually honor this with a slab I had bought from ebay that had only Newton rings, reholder for free and shipping labels for free - but that was about 2 years ago when they didn’t have a huge backlog.

In case anyone missed it CGC doing in house with George Perez signing.

“CGC has created a custom George Pérez label exclusively for this signing. All of the proceeds from the label will go directly to Pérez and his estate.”

Books must be in by January 31st

2 Likes

4 Likes

Couldn’t pass this up for $80 including priority shipping.

10 Likes

Another one of those characters where it’s only a matter of time.

2 Likes

Yeah she popped last year as well. Speculation on the Spider-Woman movie.

I love Araña. Outside of Peter she’s personally my favorite Spider character. And she predates Miles Silk and Gwen by many years

3 Likes