CGC pickups

9 Likes

I’ll never get tired of that cover!.. The homages, not so much, but the original is always awesome!

1 Like

After I was told I didn’t have Rocket Raccoons first app, I had to go find a decent copy online :wink:

7 Likes

Just came in today.
My own submission to the Simu Liu signing a few months back.

Obviously happy (after I’m done with my Meguiars Plastic polish). No one actually would think a CGC case would come in without blemishes, did you :roll_eyes:?

Edit: Blemishes and schmootz is within the case so it can’t be polished :rage:
It just doesn’t end with these clowns. If it’s not one thing it’s another

4 Likes

I’m telling you. It wasn’t the inconsistent grading or Newton rings that ultimately turned me off…it was the scars on the inside of he case that distract from the beauty of the book.

The inconsistent grading typically worked in my favor. I got a bunch of 9.6 Naomi #1’s in 9.8 slabs right prove it!

1 Like

If either company was in a truly competitive business environment, they’d both be belly up in a couple months.
One is just constant, constant, constant issues and aggravation and damage but has good customer service.
The other typically does not have issues but when there is one… my gosh… its like trying to get on the phone with the president.
Neither would make it imo

Looks so good with the yellow label. I really liked this Momoko cover too. The style fits with Shang-Chi

1 Like

A bummer this one arrived before the Perez private signing deadline. Anyhow, securing a slab copy now and a couple raws soon before any casting announcement is confirmed.

9 Likes

Really like the old red CGC labels for “death” issues, seems appropriate. Looking for a Superman 75 red label as well as Batman 497 (not a death but big deal injury back in the day).

2 Likes

Those might be tough finds!

Even CBCS had done away with their red labels for verified sigs.

2 Likes

Yeah, not sure where you got your info but the red label signifies a modern age book not a death. For a short time they used to label moderns with a red label instead of blue. Nothing whatsoever to do with a death in the issue. Never mind I think I misunderstood your post. My bad.

1 Like

1 Like

Could anyone with a cgc membership help me with the notes on this book please, 3948573001. I use to just pay the $5 and use it once or twice a year but the membership is pointless for me as I can’t submit books myself.

I got you…

light fingerprints on cover
very light spine stress lines to cover
very small, multiple scuff left top of back cover breaks color

Thank you for this. Good candidate to crack, press and clean then

I don’t think scuffs and fingerprints are able to be removed.

I think it remains 8.0. Maybe it can get up to 9.0 if all those light spine stresses are not breaking color.

If it’s already a good deal (hard to know with how that book keeps fluctuating) at even 8.0, maybe worth a shot.

If you press down and smear it, does that work? :crazy_face:

Work to make the defect over a larger area?

Yes.

“Dilution is the solution to pollution.”

Just needed to vent – one of my recent CGC orders is a reholder of 5 books with older cases that either had wear or got chipped in a move - mostly originally graded in 2005.

Sent to CGC in October, but not “received” until mid November. The books were graded last week and shipped Wednesday. They are being delivered today, but STILL have no grader notes/updated grades online. So I guess I’ll be getting a surprise when I open the box if any grades changed.

Given the state of their company I’m not really surprised … actually the most surprising thing is them actually doing a reholder in ONLY 2 months.

1 Like