CGC pickups

Probably sell or trade them all. Maybe keep the 9.8 as it is quite snazzy.

Wow that’s awesome.
I had found one of these in a quarter bin when I was a kid lol.
Been thinking if it’s worth pressing. Wasn’t in the best condition when I got it but also not horrible.

Thank you! It might be worth a press!

If it doesnt have a bunch of color breaks its certainly worth pressing a book this valuable.

1 Like

So mid-2021 I thought I would get around the ridiculous CGC TATs by sending my books to a reputable US presser and ask him to submit them to CBCS. His TAT ended up being about six months. he submitted them to CBCS in February (when the stated TAT was six months). Checked last week and it is estimated that they still 3-4 months away from being graded. Eventually, I will get a whole batch of books where many will be months past the prime selling period. Complete waste of time and money!

I am very seriously considering stopping buying raw books and sticking to golden, silver and bronze pre-graded. With CGC and now CBCS price rises and the TAT and quality control issues, grading modern books from the UK to finance bigger purchases is becoming untenable.

2 Likes

I checked to see if CBCS had any special “get two fast passes with a paid membership” or something…to entice one to upgrade.

Just 10% off. 10% off $60 is. Still $54 for a fast pass…

Don’t want to support CGC and their behavior toward the hobby….don’t want to wait a year to get books back from CGC…need Steve Borock to get MCS into the encapsulation business…

3 Likes

:joy: 12 books one pressed for $215 shipped, 6 week turnaround time too!

1 Like

I haven’t ever submitted books to be graded before but will be doing so eventually when I’m not so lazy. How did you manage to only pay $14 to grade some of the books? I’m looking at the cgc membership page and even as an elite member you only get 10% discount. Cheapest grading tier is $24.

Also you are not required to insure? Sorry for the newbie questions.

That’s PGX

Doh!

Thx

Just picked up one of my holy grail books off ebay.

15 Likes

Press and resubmit. Thats a really clean copy

2 Likes

What Gbess said. If it looks like a bunch of small dings and bends that don’t break color, you may be in for a nice surprise if pressed right.

2 Likes

Definitely will crack open and press and regrade.

grader notes below:

light creasing to cover
light spine stress lines to cover

2 Likes

I just received back my first 25 book 9.8 pre-screen…and 24 were graded!!! Super pumped I was able to identify that many. I will submit pics after I look through them like a kid at Christmas…

7 Likes

Were they all moderns? All pressed?

I sent 2 batches roughly the same time…this one was all moderns with no pressing…so the 24/25 is not as impressive. But still happy with the results…pics to come.

1 Like

4 Likes

If the character ever goes anywhere :slight_smile:

8 Likes

6 Likes