CGC pickups

8 Likes

14 months wait from CGC - painful.
Reasonably content with the accuracy of grades.
I still remain of the opinion that CGC does a much better job on pre-1975 books than moderns. It seems like it’s an assembly line for moderns and I’m rarely in agreement with what comes back. But I was here and in the past with pre-75 books.

17 Likes

Some really great grades on those

1 Like

5 Likes

After waiting an eternity and a day, I have actually received 2… yes 2 deliveries from CGC within 48 hours. Yesterday’s pic that I posted and this one. This was a 13 month wait.
Some cool stuff in here one doesn’t usually see: 1st Rocky and Bullwinkle, 1st Pink Panther, 1st Quick Draw and Baba Booey :wink: as well as well known others (Mbaku, etc…)
Been targeting classic cartoon characters/shows a few years ago after MCU has gone nutzo.

12 Likes

The series has been optioned by Netflix with Ryan Murphy of American Horror Story attached. This predates the series by about 4 years. What I’ve read so far I’ve enjoyed. Paid $40.

Never buy Top Cow books for spec I have half a short box of Rising Stars that I should just burn at this point.

6 Likes

I’ve done quite well with Witchblade & Darkness books. When I can buy a book for a buck and sell it for $100 it’s a win in my book. Rising Stars did have some heat back when it came out.

2 Likes

Ryan Murphy has made some solid horror. I could see, “The Beauty,” being interesting under his direction.

1 Like

I personally loved The Beauty series. I own the Pilot Season and Pilot Season Decalssified 2011 which predates that issue.

2 Likes

I read it at first but kinda stopped when it suffered delays if my memory is correct. I ought to read it through sometime.

1 Like

13 Likes

Ok…Finally had time to take some pics. I am only including the hi-lights since about 10 or so were multiples of various Captain Carter #1’s.

Capture3.PNG

Capture5.PNG

Capture6.PNG

And lastly…the 1:100 First cover app of Spider Sakura!

11 Likes

Miss Minutes is a TOUGH 9.8. Kudos. That’s a hold for Loki season 2, for sure.

1 Like

Miles Morales #38 1:50 is also a TOUGH 9.8 from what I’ve seen. Congrats!

1 Like

8 Likes

I picked this up at my LCS. Got a great deal on it!!!

6 Likes

Got a box back from CGC today. All moderns. Here are a few highlights. Their turn around time on moderns is less than two months at the moment. I was 23/25 on 9.8’s. All 23 9.8’s came from Dark Dominion! I order so much from DD I had to throw in all the stickers I get with each order for fun. Thanks, Ivan.

7 Likes

Forgot to add this guy to the first picture. Wish I would have ordered more than just one copy.

5 Likes

9 Likes