CGC pickups

Somehow I was able to buy 3 copies. All arrived damaged, so I sent them off to Gary Kendra at Impressive comics for a press and clean. I asked him to submit to CGC if 9.6 or better. Somehow he always seems to submit all my books? (If anyone has a presser that will prescreen let me know please.) One 9.8, one 9.4, and a 9.2. The 9.8 goes into my PC and I’ll list the other two.

3 Likes

Ended up selling for $3.25 for a total of $20 including shipping.

4 Likes

3 Likes

And that’s why $.99 cent auctions are a bad idea.

For the seller. Great for you!

4 Likes

kinda late to the party no?

4 Likes

I wonder what they mean by “multipack editions.”

What multipacks are not their own unique variant that doesn’t already get that designation?

For example,

• DC Universe logos are second prints.
  • Walmart variants are Walmart variants
  • even later printings of books like Batman 423 or Marvel 70s Star Wars that were reprinted specifically to add to multipacks are already noted as a later printing on the labels.

I think it’s great they’re getting with the program with newsstands though. Just sent a few in that should get the designation now.

**Disclaimer - This is Not Real **

Thought this was funny. Would have made for a great April Fools Day joke.

The sad thing is that it’s not that far fetched….it’s almost a believable proposition in todays slab and grade crazy comic community.

2 Likes

It would be nice if graders graded the graders…

2 Likes

There should be a 3rd Party Graders Symposium where graders get together and share experiences and best practices…

:joy::rofl::crazy_face:

1 Like

They be like “look at this book I swapped out”, “I never see spine tics”…

Honestly most business that hold themselves accountable to the highest degree of quality will have internal audit programs.

The most serious will join the ranks of ISO 9001 certification.

I don’t see that happening here.

1 Like

For multipack I think they mean like those something is killing the children “slaughter packs”.

or the Whitman 3-packs

Regular direct edition

Versions that came in a 4 pack
s-l500

Self policing doesn’t work.

So what would the label say before this new “announcement” for the two Digimon books? Would they have identical labels like newsstands do now?

So before this announcement…what would the labels say for the multipack books? Would it be identical to the 1st print books? Seems like they’re announcing something as “new” when they already differentiate them (I.e. labeled as a 1st print vs labeled as a subsequent variant)

I think the label might stay the same, but would denote the other versions as the packed version, theres also a newsstand version as well

1 Like

(please note neither of these are mine) This is how they do it now. Maybe they’re changing it? Idk

So would they just add “multipack” before or after variant?

Wow…sign me up. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes