CGC pickups

I’m just happy CGC is finally denoting newsstands.

1 Like

CGC meeting 10+ years ago, “should we differentiate between newstands?” “No, if we wait people will pay to reslab for the new label showing newstand, more money!”

5 Likes

I had some newsstands graded a few years ago and the said they were newsstands on the label.

I’d like to see that. I’ve never seen a CGC slab state newsstand on a label.

CGC has been labeling newsstands on the label for YEARS. Idk why this is news now…

1 Like

This seems to be a special situation where the newsstands have a higher price than the directs in recent years.

You’ll notice It actually is calling these books a $3.99 Newsstand Variant. So not exactly the same…I think what they are technically doing is making it a more standard practice.

2 Likes

I think its for newsstands that have different prices and it might say like price variant or something. The newsstands I have slabbed like my gears of war or even spider-man 1 it does not state they are newsstand variants

CGC differentiated newsstands if the cover price was different than the Direct Edition and you requested it. Now it looks like there going to be doing it on all Newsstands.

well darn…

2 Likes

1 Like

I have 3 boxes of raw expected to be delivered there this week…sigh…hope they make it there next week…

2 Likes

Yayo? Jk.

1 Like

If there are any adverse effect, would CGC come out direct to inform their client. NO based on their past record.

The last known issue was the ACETATE UF4, and prior before was the misgraded UF4 FACSIMILE which was graded as an original. Maybe someone can correct me. I don’t believe they have came out officially to apologize to the community for their screw up or letting the community know they will do better. None.

If anything, they will go case by case and keep it hush hush…

1 Like
1 Like

I wish AFA and CAS would release something like this for loose action figure grading.

7 Likes

The Instagram comments about the book didn’t disappoint.

2 Likes

The little weasel Matt Nelson just did an interview on Beyond Wednesday’s youtube channel. The show is 4+ hours and I couldn’t make it passed the 30min mark. The host there was just fellating Matt and CGC in that time.

Don’t know if they asked him any tough questions as the show went on. I had to tap out after 30 mins, had enough with the BS. Anyone catch the show? Anything good?

I caught tidbits of the interview…The Host (Bryan) mentioned after the interview that he sent Matt a list of questions/discussion topics to approve. He said Matt checked off a few…

Does having the digital code sticker removed decrease the value of a slabbed book?