CGC pickups

When Moon Knight appears on Disney’s streaming service the key issues will obviously be in even more demand but if the show does well and this guy becomes mainstream I do think some of the Sienkiewicz covers will become far more sought after and considered legit “classics”, maybe in time as much as the Adams Batman covers of the early 70’s…maybe. It could happen, there are still so many out there who have no idea who Moon Knight is which could increase the height of his ceiling. It all stems on how good the show will be. Fingers crossed it will be good.

Just sent 18 books to CGC. Mostly bronze age spec comics with a few silver and copper. A few Marvel Special Edition #15, some more Eterals keys, Shazam #28, Fear #19 (Mark Jeweler), a couple each of Avengers 47 & 48 and a couple each of Spider-man #300. It is going to be probably six to eight weeks before they are all graded but I will show them when I get them back.

3 Likes

My second Moon Knight slabbed book. This book captures CGC’s loose standards as I count 6 color breaking spine ticks. 9.4 is a far stretch…would be 9.0/9.2 if CBCS graded it, for sure.

Newton rings dead center too…might end up swapping this out for a cbcs book someday. It still presents well so overall I’m happy for what i paid.

3rd book is on its way…!

1 Like

That book is on my radar! For me, CGC has always been a little loose with grading, but that just makes it more pleasant when the grades come back and you were expecting lower. I wouldn’t re-send to CBCS. I like them but they do sell a little lower on average. Not as bad as PGX but still a CGC 9.4 will be worth significantly more than a CBCS 9.2.

It’s gotten to the point where I review and CGC books very thoroughly before buying online. Not only is their grading getting worse but they allow “production flaws” that should definitely drop the book down. Heres a 9.8 That’s almost missing a corner and it goes through the whole book.

Uncanny #221, 1st appearance if Nathaniel Essex. 9.8 SS. Great spec book, @ToddW.

It’s on my list but not mine. I was just pointing out CGCs grading.

See what you all made me do… inspired by my first comic book purchase ever in the thread First comic you ever brought!

I went and ended up winning an auction for a Punisher War Journal #1 CGC 9.8 Newstand. I’ll post pics when it arrives.

2 Likes

Well, I guess that is one thing to look out for in the wild and un-graded books. Might be a good way to take a dealers VF+ and turn it into a tidy profit. Only thing is you never know if you will hit the graders on a "good day or not.

3rd Moon Knight book. Grabbed this for $33 shipped. Which is basically the price one would pay for a press and slab. Not bad.

It shipped media mail, which is why I think no one wanted to take a chance, but I figured “what the hey…not an expensive risk.”

Shipped just fine, we’ll wrapped in a sturdy box.

1 Like

Nice pick up, @D-Rog. Do you think the Pence variant may of scared a few people too? I don’t know why the pences have the stigma they do, but they could be the next CPV. Beautiful book.

I can only imagine where many of these early Moon Knight books will be valued at IF Disney does a good with the character. Personally, I think they will do him justice. I’m picking up early books here and there as well. Very nice book by the way!

1 Like

Not following you. Pence variant?

My mistake, @D-Rog. At first glance, the black diamond in the letter box looked like the Diamond that is on Pence variants. Upon further inspection, that is not a Pence book. My bad. Nice book.

Just got this and it’s already one of my favorite slabs.

1 Like

I posted this in the newstands as well… but it’s also a CGC pickup…

Just arrived today… love it already!

3 Likes

I had to replace my regular cover copy as I sold it a few years ago. At some point I need to get the Turner Variant Cover as well.

2 Likes

Not a bad idea with rumors of a Ross/Red Hulk and the Thunderbolts heading to the MCU/D+ soon.

1 Like

That info was also part of the decision but I more than likely won’t sell it anytime soon.

To add to my Moon Knight early appearance collection (books prior to his solo series Moon Knight #1):

1 Like