CGC pickups

I think I’ve got one of these in my ol’ shortbox stuffed with Moon Knight. I didn’t even realize it was before his solo series. I just basically buy any Moon Knight comic I see for a fair price at shows or in stores.

1 Like

Yup, released in '79. I picked up a Spectacular Spider-Man #22 as well, which is from '78. I’ll post those pics once it arrives as well.

1 Like

For my Punisher War Journal collection I’m starting…

3 Likes

I present two recent acquisitions! Note some covers a little NSFW-ish

My gorgeous double cover, “Moon Knight,” #12 for my personal collection:

Two cheesecake-style covers for my comics I will maybe keep, maybe sell:

1 Like

Don’t tell Blind Adam about this post… he’ll shoot someone’s eye out! :wink:

1 Like

Great, now I gotta set up parental controls to block his site from my kids…

Well, if it helps, the TOS does state that users must be at least 13 years or older.

https://forum.comicsheatingup.net/tos

That’s just a waiver of liability for the website. How do you police something like that?

My mom always told me that I’d go blind if I did it to often. That and hairy palms but neither have happened yet.

1 Like

Ban them if they openly admit it or someone else reports them as being under the age limit. No other real way to enforce it. Just like any website. Facebook claims one must be 13 or older, I’m pretty sure they have a huge number of kids under 13 on their site using it.

I personally worry more about 13 year old kids seeing villains maim and mutilate heroes than I do nipples, but that’s just me!

3 Likes

You had that conversation with your mom??

(Awkward…)

So very true… too much oppression by parents just makes kids grow up not being able to deal with the crap when they’re adults.

I heard it more from my uncles. They enjoyed picking on all their nieces and nephews. My mom was pretty open about stuff though and was fond of telling us not to pull any boners when leaving us unsupervised as teens. Always made us laugh.

Just won this tonight.

Two more and honestly my favorite artwork of his is in this series.

I wanted to edit the post but it’s not an option so a new post related to the Ultimates 3 books. Initially I had my max bid set for $30 each. I’m almost always active during the whole auction on books I’m really going after. Someone outbids me and I immediately bid again. I also never use any programs or apps to bid for me as well. Anyway back to what I was getting at. If I had left it at the $30 max I would’ve missed out on the Sabretooth Cover Which went for $40. Which to me is the better of the 2 and I wanted the matching set. Because I was active I was able to adjust my bid accordingly I didn’t miss out. I spent $7 more than I wanted but I can live with that.

The A-Force went for about half of the most recent sales and well below my max bid so I spent a lot less than I was willing.

There’s a time frame to edit posts. 5 minutes it won’t show a new version in the post history, basically for the oh snap, need to fix spelling, add this, etc.

1440 minutes is the time you have to edit a post. That’s 24 hours. This prevents people from changing what they say days later. Sometimes people if proven wrong on subjects get their panties knotted up and go edit out stuff or delete, etc. This prevents such a thing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like knotted panties.

1 Like