CGC pickups

I’m going to Baltimore ComicCon in a couple weeks, so I’m getting some comics together to take to the CGC booth.

Haha… people buying labels in slabs instead of comics in slabs… :wink:

2 Likes

The red label era cgc was much more strict. A reason to buy, press and regrade there books.

Perfect example here.

3 Likes

Exactly why i did it…glad it paid off.

2 Likes

12 Likes

Not sure why these didn’t get a newsstand label, but maybe because when I sent in the paperwork there wasn’t a field yet nor could you pick newsstand from a pull down menu.

These are going back anyway due to case damage, unsightly newton rings and debris within the case.

:man_facepalming:

Wow, I’ve had a few clear plastic fragments in a few slabs, but what is that black debris?!!! Ugh!

1 Like

2 Likes

so much for that announcement, on top of the poor QC smh… nice books tho

Rat poop?

Bought these 2 copies last month and they look great!

7 Likes

Got this at SDCC and got it about 3 weeks ago and finally decided to open it and very dissapointed with the results. The casing has all of these scuffs all through out the front of it. And they look like they are on the inside of the case. Going to send it back. First time seeing this though.

4 Likes

I’ve seen exactly that on a Stray Dogs #1 9.8

I decided not to buy it as it just looked terrible against darker areas of the cover.

Looks exactly like my submission last year which I
Had to send 5 books back twice to get it fixed.

Yes, send it back…the more people that take a stand and hit them in the wallet, the more pressure they’ll have to address the problem going forward.

2 Likes

Yeah my Batman 656 Newsstand has a piece of plastic in the slab. I couldn’t email cgc as they kept refusing my email as spam. Tried calling them but it was after their 5pm cutoff.

2 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

Small shipment back from CGC today. They are moving very quickly now if you are simply submitting for grading without pressing. These were received by them on Oct 7th.

The difficult part now is simply waiting on my presser. I trust him and won’t go with anyone else but he is pretty backed up to the tune of about 5 months currently. Hopefully that improves.

No issues with cases, and not a single Newton Ring that I could see. They have started using (at least since the time I last received books from them) a better clear/plastic sleeve for each book. It’s definitely better quality/thicker.

Very pleased with the 9.6 on the Heir to the Empire #1 and the identification for newstands was good timing on that book.

My only big “huh” was the 2nd copy of Daredevil #9. I read the grader notes and honestly wonder if the grade didn’t understand that the front cover was a fold out cover? However, the other copy I got was a 9.8. I’ve always prided myself on looking at books and picking good copies. That is honestly the very first time I was not even close. The book looks perfect to me in the case and I wouldn’t have sent it a book with a cover with a crease (in addition the presser would have asked me about it). Really weird. I’ve never re-submitted a book but this may be the one.

The lower grades on the Star Wars, Marvel Team up, and Marvel Spotlight were about where I figured. Books I’ve had for a long time and are special memory type comics for my PC.

14 Likes

I had 5 pressed from prescreens my last PGX submission which I thought was weird as I too think I have a good eye butI usually don’t pull out moderns and check back covers like I should. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like