CGC pickups

I believe it happens when they vacuum seal the books in the inner plastic sleeve.

1 Like

I wasn’t aware of them vacuum sealing them or any of the process really. Do you know if they still use the micro chamber paper? Doesn’t seem like they do that anymore.

I think they still do on certain books. I cracked a Hulk 181 9.2 for someone earlier this year that was just graded a few weeks prior and it had the micro chamber paper.

1 Like

Older newspaper print books I think cgc may still use micro chamber. Cbcs was not because their slabs were not air tight so the book could “breath.” Now I don’t know since they now use a slab that’s sealed like cgc.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that, same thing happened to me even after a press. Also I got a drop on page quality as well. It was some early Neal Adam Batman book.

2 Likes

4 Likes

“Avengers Arena,” was a great series. It was good enough Marvel seems to be trying to do it again with that, “Murderworld,” event, I heard.

1 Like

Nice, early Thanos!

1 Like

3 Likes

A bargain at $35 each.

5 Likes

3 Likes

I found another unopened mystery box in the back of my closet. I got this from MCS in June and it cost me $47.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Love John’s run on that book :grinning:

1 Like

I haven’t read the series yet but I love the Alex Ross covers.

1 Like

A surprise win. I put in what I thought was a low bid and won it.

9 Likes

One more unopened box.

3 Likes

That cover would of been funny if the tongue where drawn fighting each other lol.

Venom’s tongue wrapped around and the Alien’s tongue bitting it lol.

Sounds like someone… cough cough… @Gbess … cough… cough… Should be doing a homage to it!

1 Like