CGC pickups

Brubaker and Philips are top notch creators. They do no wrong when it comes to creating comics and graphic novels.

1 Like

I’d agree with the exception I did not really enjoy, “Fatale,” much.

6 Likes

Seller originally wanted $50. I offered $30 and he countered at $40. I passed on that. A week later he sends me his new listing at $30. I countered at $15, and he accepted. Buy the book and not the grade. Ive had this book on my watch list for a long time now, and they were always around $100

5 Likes

Damn, you wheeled and dealed! I thought I was a tough negotiator!

1 Like

Lol. They will either take it or leave it. It’s turning into a buyers market for sure.

1 Like

$15. Person was desperate. Nice score!

Can’t see what makes it a 6.0. Is half the back missing?!

I don’t know who I am more looking forward to when they finally hit the screen, Aphra or the droids!

Has a really bad crease on the back, and some other smaller creases on the back. Majority can be pressed out i believe. I did run the cert number when he sent me the very first offer, so if i do want to crack and resubmit i can get a bettee grade. But the book looks gorgeous either way to me, so even if i crack it i can simple mylar it and be satisfied :slightly_smiling_face:

You and me both. I love the droids, and why this book was on my radar. It’s such a great cover of them. Next on my list is doctor aphra 2 shalvey variant

1 Like

That one is nice simple design that works very well. Just a cool cover… and still very adorable too.

I have an IKEA cube that works great for slabs, fits all sizes on their side. Cant display magazine size standing up. The Fugutoid as example.

8 Likes

13 Likes

It’s been on my list for a few years but still haven’t picked up a copy. Very nice pickup!

Yeah it was on my list of 3 to get in 2021 that I never got around to getting. Been actively searching for a couple months and then this copy popped up that ticked all the boxes.

4 Likes

8 Likes

Nice! Submitted it and it came back with that grade or you bought it already slabbed?

I purchased on ebay slabbed, happy with the cgc 9.6. I still dont understand the price difference between 9.6 and 9.8. $475 vs $2000.

4 Likes

I don’t know but if it’s a slab from a few years ago you might stand a shot at CPR’ing it to a CGC 9.8 if it looks nice enough.

Some collectors have lots of stupid money to spend and are NVTS (ref: Mel Brooks History of the World)

1 Like