CGC pickups

love that book. it’s one of the only keys i still have that’s from the original collection i had as a kid. sold off almost all of them throughout my Broke Era (which took place after i finished college, ironically) but held onto good ol’ asm 252.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I remember Dark Ark.
There was a Baltimore ComicCon exclusive for the book that I think I might still have?
I dunno - it’s probably somewhere lost :rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah it seemed interesting so I picked up a bunch of copies including the Con Variant.

1 Like

Got this one from MCS for cheap.

Just got these 2 back from CGC, had them pressed.

Got the Star Wars from MCS years ago before the prices went, up they had it graded VF.

8 Likes

Mycomicshop always undergrades

3 Likes

Been wanting a copy of the Dekal variant and there was a 9.8 on ebay for a decent price so I picked it up

8 Likes

I was not aware this existed. Very nice.

1 Like

3 Likes

Crazy how hard it is to find these in high grade, and how pricey they are already. Glad I picked up a nice mid grade copy relatively cheap.

6 Likes

Collectors have been speculating on which lanterns would eventually make it to the big/small screen for a while now. I could see Gunn using her at some point, but I would really like to see the Red Lanterns.

1 Like

Recently received. Happy with the submission, but…this was a final send off before I tried to really stop grading more spec/Fomo books. I’m trying to do better with that. On the plus side, every single book here was purchased off the rack, bought in dollar bins, or a book I’ve had in my collection forever (Black Cat). Really no surprises on the grades actually…all what I expected.
So… I’m ok with a few “dumb” reaches here.

(First time I’ve had an issue with cases though…two books have “something” inside them. Was too obvious to ignore). I’ll call CGC about it.

11 Likes

All very nice books.

The good thing about CGC (annoying as it is) is they usually have a quick turn-around on mechanical error and they cover shipping back and forth.

Cbcs they I’ll too, but the one time I did it took forever…and they didn’t fix the problem (was a label misspelling…I gives their ok with spelling a name wrong on all similar books).

I am increasingly nervous about sending books back when they need to be cracked out. Last books I did this were 9.8s and they came back as 9.8s, but the replacement case was a much “tighter” fit and a few bends showed up that weren’t there before…:roll_eyes:

Didn’t effect the grade though!

:crazy_face:

1 Like

Looks like someone had chickens loose in their at home grading room.

3 Likes

Funny. I just saw this on Mycomicshop

1 Like

I think a portion of hobbyists are just giving up sending slabs back for correction.
It’s just so commonplace recently, it’s just like “yea whatever” I’ll knock a few bucks off and let someone else fix it if they so desire.

Buy the book, not the slab is the rule everyone should be abiding by when buying a comic encapsulated in a slab.

I bought into Star Sapphire because she’s already such an important character and undervalued currently. Red lanterns would be awesome! Which book do you consider to be bigger, gl 25 or rage of the red lanterns? And which cover lol.

Rage 3rd print.

2 Likes

I just like GL 25 because the cover is so cool with the epic battle.

1 Like