CGC pickups

good woman

2 Likes

10 Likes

When I saw the price the seller had it up for I had to grab this. 1:50 Artgerm foil variant

7 Likes

Got some books back today. The Watchmen looks like a 9.8 so whoever buys it will be getting probably the nicest 9.6 available. The Superman had a shot at 9.8 too but the creases were just too deep… I bought it raw off eBay thinking it was for sure a 9.8 but the seller did a good job hiding the creases :man_shrugging:

9 Likes

So I have a slab that needs to be reholdered but don’t want to pay a membership just to send it in, what should I do?

Ask your lcs if they can submit it for you. Most shops do it…

My lcs doesn’t have a cgc membership and they don’t submit books often. Theres another shop close by I might be able to ask

If you have a friend who submits to CGC, have them do it for you. I had a friend mail stuff for me before I got an account and now that I have one I’ll put friend’s books in my submissions. They just pay me for the cost and I feel like I’m getting the worth of my money for the return shipping as opposed to if I just mailed one or two comics.

1 Like

6 Likes

Now do I keep it (I’ve sent 3 in my self and came back 9.2, 9.4, and 9.6 still have the 9.6) or sell it for about $700 profit

9 Likes

sell the 9.2,9.4 and 9.6. Keep the 9.8

2 Likes

Unless you have a duplicate, or are desperate for money…why ever sell this book?

1 Like

Sometimes it’s about timing the market. If you’re making a giant profit from your sale and you’re not particularly attached to the book or character then you shouldn’t feel regret for selling it.

I often see people go on a buying spree now because the books are so far off from their peak from 2020 thinking they’re getting a deal. I’m now starting to think that the pandemic era may never again happen in our lifetime and we shouldn’t hang on to those highs as what their potential value should be. Some if not most may never see those highs again.

Think about it, we had a pandemic that we didn’t know anything about. People stayed home for a year maybe two. Nothing was open and the government was handing out free money. People had nothing to do so comic book collectors started buying things they’ve always wanted. On top of that crytocurrency and nfts were at an all time high so there was this influx of cash for a lot of people. It was really a perfect storm that hit all at once. Something that will probably never happen again in our lifetime.

1 Like

Keep, imo

Oh it is going to happen again. Perhaps not with quarantines and lockdowns, but giving away free money is in the nearish future. Mark my words.

2 Likes

Sure the government may give away free money again but really the quarantines and lockdowns were a big part of the collectible boom. People had nothing to do, there’s only so much Netflix you can watch.

Here in Canada I remember a story in Ottawa during the heart of the pandemic where a girl went on a walk on the park and sat on a park bench. A cop came over and gave her a ticket, because you know she had to be indoors. I thought at that time the world has lost their minds.

Annihilus I’ve been wanting to upgrade my copy for awhile.

6 Likes

Crack open, put acetate cover on, write patriotic message incorrectly, sell to influencers. Profit.

Seriously though, I agree with SpicyWasabi

Got a DC submission back today. Thought the grading on the Creeper was a bit harsh but that’s ok, I have a bunch more. Book is a hold anyway.

12 Likes