Cheap(ish) Star Wars Spec

Love this forum… we’re all in tune with each other lol.
These all came in the mail today. All really nice copies & I found them cheap searching Amazon.
I know many hate Amazon for comics, but I’ve had some amazing finds/deals there. It’s just a hassle searching.

2 Likes

Damn…been searching all over and didn’t think to check Amazon…

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s on my radar with DA3. So many variants though. The 4th print is the one to get and is steeply climbing now.

Chu effect.

Should move this to the lounge. :wink:

3 Likes

There are a few books that I’ve been frantically buying up…as they are poised to blow.

Star Wars Tales of the Jedi - Sith War #6 : 1st app of Mandalore the Ultimate
Star Wars Tales of the Jedi - Dark Lords of the Sith #1 : 1st app Exar Kun
Star Wars Tales of the Jedi - Dark Lords of the Sith #6 : Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma become Sith Lords
Star Wars Tales of the Jedi - Golden Age of the Sith #2 - 1st app of KEY Sith Lords Marka Ragnos and Naga Sadow
Star Wars Tales #21 - 1st app of Kyle Katarn

Few others I am onto as well…but these are poised to have their day

2 Likes

I wouldn’t call these cheap(ish). But still can find these buried in long boxes at the right shops.

But maybe I’m more of a cheapskate than others. :grin:

1 Like

Since are just doing cheap spec…I don’t believe I’ve seen the pretty recent Star Wars Series #1 by Soule from last year.
1st appearance of Commander Zahra. Protege of Tarkin and nemesis of Leia.
Apologies if already stated and I missed it.

1 Like

The subscription version of Star Wars Galaxy Magazine #1 had an ashcan of Dark Lords of the Sith #1:

This guy has three sets of 1-3 sealed available right now: Ebay

3 Likes

I don’t believe Exar Kun appears until issue 4.

He’s in the ashcan (which is first obviously) but it’s only a character design.

He absolutely is in #1. He’s got panels on almost every page the last half of the book. I PC Sith Lords so #6 is my favorite. Better cover, and they both turn to the darkside in the issue. Picked up a few cheap 9.8s recently.

3 Likes

I stand corrected. Multiple places list it as issue 4. Cheers.

Exar Kun is all over #1. I’ll provide screen shots. He’s in multiple pages and is named numerous times. Not sure why all these sites or sources don’t list it as his first.

2 Likes

Dark Lord of the Sith #1

Page 6:

Page 7:

Page 23:

Page 24:

Page 25:

Page 26:

Page 27:

2 Likes

I put my money where my mouth was on Princess Leia 1:image

5 Likes

Got all 3 magazines in the mail today, all in fantastic shape. Thanks for the info!

1 Like

Me too! People are starting to list that TOJ ashcan at really high prices. I don’t think it should be that costly right now, but at least you got in under the gun on that one.

1 Like

Your thoughts on Star Wars Adventures Ashcan from 2017? First Reveth and I think also Sidon Ithano ( Crimson Corsair). Bought 5 for $2 each off Ebay this weekend so still cheap. Crimson Corsair will be in Star Wars Adventures #7.

Thanks to Gemcityassasin, agentPoyo and Drunkwooky. (And eveyone else in the thread) Having the correct knowledge ahead of the game is really helpful. I managed to snag a Star Wars Galaxies Magazine with the ashcan and a couple of nice Issues 1’s for a good price. Also got a Sith War 6 at the same time. And for about the price of a new issue.

One comic that I have also stumbled across is Star Wars 6 (2015) 3rd Print
We have Sanna Starros (Solo) And this is the first time she shows her face/reveals her name. She had a couple of tie ins with Doctor Aphra including the new Doctor Aphra issue 7.
With the way later prints are becoming scarce, it may be worth keeping an eye out for.

1 Like

Another interesting tid bit I will let you in on about Star Wars Galaxy Magazine is that Boba Fett Twin Engines of Destruction is first published in that magazine starting in Issue #5, which also has a beautiful Hildebrandt cover. Twin Engines of Destruction hasn’t had hot magma heat on it or anything, but there is definitely rising interest in it as it’s an out of print Dark Horse Boba Fett story. It’s also the first appearance of Jodo Kast, a Boba Fett impostor.

The collected edition of Twin Engines of Destruction was published January 2007. Star Wars Galaxy Magazine was published in the late 90s. Other comics were first printed in Star Wars Galaxy including Shadow Stalker, Droids, and Tales of Mos Eisley.

Go forth and prosper with this info.

2 Likes

I thought these prints were pretty cool and thought I’d share:

1 Like

I like those. I have soooo much Star Wars art. The unfortunate thing about nice, framed art is that wall space becomes an issue. I like it to be displayed nicely & non cluttered. At a certain point, there just simply isn’t enough room or walls lol.

2 Likes