I Like What You Got! (Online Scores)

If that Thor #2 is in great shape… That pays for everything + profit.

2 Likes

Does the Goodwill site sell comics often?

They always have auctions. The only time I’ve ever bid on anything is if it’s from the local outlet hub because I can go pick it up and not deal with shipping. Ive had two auctions of MTG and comics ship from different hubs and both were packed awful, and I had to go to my credit card company to get a refund because goodwill wouldn’t consider how they arrived damaged since they were in one piece and still readable.

After 6 months for $113 shipped from Mirka Andolfo’s store. So pleased :smiley:

4 Likes

Shiny!

I got 4 copies of Star Wars Adventures 7 from MileHighPrices in Colorado. I overpaid for them, but I wanted a stash before Hondo appears in live action some day.

On @Anthony 's recommendation, I grabbed this Mary Jane Venom cover. Who knows if Gwenom V. Carnage #1 will have any affect on it, but I like it enough to justify it.

I’ve been placing low bids on Star Wars Tales issues as they come up and forgetting about them for 7 days. This one came in at $2.99 plus shipping ($4ish dollars). So not far above original cover price.

Grabbed this exclusive virgin Star Wars Adventures Clone Wars Tales. Another low bid situation- $6.00 plus shipping. I would have been pissed if I were the seller, but they made good and delivered the sale.

Then, finally, I’ve been discussing Star Wars Galaxy Magazine with @gemcityassassin over in the Cheapish Star Wars Spec thread. Issue 1 contains a Dark Lords of the Sith ashcan with the first appearance of Exar Kun in it.

I have the rest of the 13 issue run coming in because as I said over in that thread:

"Another interesting tid bit I will let you in on about Star Wars Galaxy Magazine is that Boba Fett Twin Engines of Destruction is first published in that magazine starting in Issue #5, which also has a beautiful Hildebrandt cover. Twin Engines of Destruction hasn’t had hot magma heat on it or anything, but there is definitely rising interest in it as it’s an out of print Dark Horse Boba Fett story. It’s also the first appearance of Jodo Kast, a Boba Fett impostor.

The collected edition of Twin Engines of Destruction was published January 2007. Star Wars Galaxy Magazine was published in the late 90s. Other comics were first printed in Star Wars Galaxy including Shadow Stalker, Droids, and Tales of Mos Eisley."

2 Likes

This past weekend I found my second Star Wars Adventures #16 B cover as well as Star Wars Adventures #7. Both for a dollar each. They are out there!

2 Likes

What’s the draw with the Star Wars galaxy magazines polybagged after issue #1?

My lcs has several…just all issues 2 and up.

Got this online, came out to $12 , $6+ shipping . Not exactly sure what story is about it but saw it talked about by some cbsi guys and the ebay prices are pretty high

1 Like

My low cost haul. Easily dismissed by many & understandable. I’m a big Black Knight fan though. Good history issues though relative to the Ebony Blade. I buy any Black Knight book I find. Not only do I love the character, but from a spec perspective I’m all in. Eternals movie, Kit Harrington portraying him, love interest of Sersi. Recipe for success. The Mystic Arcana issue is really cool & not super easy to find.

1 Like

There’s an x-files ashcan in one of them. I think issue 3 but I could be wrong.

Other than that they usually just had Topps pack in cards and posters. Awesome expanded universe art though.

1 Like

Filling in some more holes in the collection grabbed em for 99cents each. Love the auctions that end after midnight.

1 Like

God, I sure love filling holes.

1 Like

I see what you did there. Well played sir.

1 Like

I’m very immature and a pervert.

Never say that out loud if you ever have to do time.

1 Like

image image

I went on a spree buying $3-4 Phantom Menace paperbacks on Amazon. All of these books were listed as “good” which is probably right according to book rating standards, but I’d call them varying degrees of terrible.

The one on the right is probably the one keeper from the bunch so not a complete loss. I’ll let my daughter read one of the other ones.

1 Like

Yeah, for books ‘good’ is “functions properly” (i.e. all the pages are there and in the right order; whether they’re still bound is up in the air however). ‘Acceptable’ is more interesting. There you just hope they taped the pages properly so that the lines line up across the tears.

I also got one from amazon is said “like new condition” paid $15 and it was all beat up. I contacted the seller to see if they had another copy. But they didnt so they refunded me and I got to keep the reader copy.

I also received this damn near impossible to find ghost of a convention variant by Mike Del Mundo.

4 Likes