Chu Fantasy Football

From what I can tell, there have been over 16000 games in NFL history, so that would make the odds at least 1:16,000.

2 Likes

Incredible

Speaking of records, a margin of victory of 0.14 points has be some sort of record. That is pretty much bad ball placement from a ref difference in a win or loss for D-Rog and Matches Malone.

It’s was pretty insane. Basically all the cards had to fall in the right place. Those cards mainly started when they called back Barkley’s recieving touchdown after he had scored late in the 4th, and mark the ball at the 1/2 yard line because his knee had hit the turf before breaking the plane. That set up the QB sneak which gave my QB 6 pts instead of 4.

But I was still behind by less than 1 pt. Fortunately Philly stopped Atlanta on 4 downs and then had to try for a few first downs to run the clock out. Hurts made a few passes and got a few yards running to put me ahead by 1.14 pts.

At that point it’s under 2 minutes and ATL has no time outs. If Philly gets the ball at that point it’s a few kneel downs to end the game, and that would only got me a few negative rushing yards rushing.

BUT…Atlanta drives down with little resistance and scores, taking a 1 pt lead with 43 seconds left. Leaving enough time for a few desparation plays for Hurts. And Philly has time outs. All it would take to lose my lead is a sack (or two) and an interception (-1). Which were highly possible.

Fortunately the interception came first, putting an end to that craziness.

It was a wild ending both in real fb and fantasy…

1 Like

I’ve been finding this “stat” interesting in the app.

Basically as the game moves forward it provides the probability that one team will win over the other…

So with ATL/Phily you cans see the swing of practically 99% probability switched from Philly to Atlanta in the final minutes…crazy.

1 Like

It was an awesome ending last night. Failure by the Eagles is just lovely. :smile:

I have no stake in the outcome, other than fantasy. I would have been fine either way.

I did think Philly would blow out Atlanta…likely on the ground more than the air.

Philly defense is struggling a bit. I had them on my draft board…I also drafted Harrison by mistake. funny how much dumb luck factors into this game…

But ultimately I find the team that can stay healthy (and this goes for real fb and fantasy) are the ones in contention at the end.

Look at SF. McCaffrey has not played a snap yet and now he’s out likely past their bye week. He was drafted 1st in just about ever league. I wanted him, and I admit less than thrilled to have to “settle” for Hall.

And now Deebo is out. I grabbed Jordan Mason on waivers last week thinking I might use him one week (or to prevent being used against me). Now he’s the guy.

Again, staying healthy and a bit of dumb luck goes a long way in this game.

1 Like

Dude that was a crazy match. I didn’t realize I left Brown in, who was ruled out. I tried to pick up Romeo Doubs on waivers but I was beat to it.

I also left my TE in who was ruled out. Not that those two are an even swap….

I’m not even sure how dropping players works in this league after the games have started. I would think once a team kicks off their spot on your roster is locked in (including bench) until all games are completed.

But then I see players who have already played being dropped for available players who have not yet played…so I don’t know…locking in must only apply to active spots on the roster….not the bench.

That kind of soft, prevent defense is always asking for trouble. The Falcons marched that ball down the field and scored in under two minutes with no timeouts. Troy Aikman even made the point that they should slow down the drive so the Eagles would not have any time to score. And the game had massive fantasy implications like the spot on the knee touch, Koo’s kicks, Hurts’ and Cousins’ performance…it was pure chaos and that’s why fantasy is awesome.

1 Like

I’m playing my self in the league this week. Win win.

1 Like

Funny you post that now because I was just thinking about your match up against yourself a few hours ago as I was checking out the waiver wire. Good luck to…you

And I also want to give a big “you called it” to the guy who was ripping on Caleb Williams, saying he’s a horrible choice for first pick. He has been absolutely atrocious. Good call, whoever that guy was.

I’ve been :poop: on him since before the hated Bears drafted him. Now I’m overjoyed that he has been sucking :egg:. I don’t know if I said anything here.

1 Like

I hope you tie. That would be awesome.

4 Likes

Aren’t you going to beat me this week? Your last guy playing tonight just needs two caches and 23 yards…or one catch for 28 Yards…or….he just needs to show up, basically!

1 Like

You would think it’s a gimme, just like I thought Rasheed Shahid would be yesterday. He got 0 points. This has been the weirdest fantasy season. I’m enjoying the weirdness, though.

1 Like

Well, I’m up by 3.26 pts and he’s playing someone who averages less than 4 pts a game (after two games). So anything is possible!