COVID-19 and Comics

I don’t even want to go to that park when there’s no contagious virus being spread around…

I have kids…8 & 5. They’ve never seen many of then Disney classics like fox and the hound, cinderella, etc… Been considering it for that reason…I thought Mandelorian would be out on dvd by now…

My wife and I went for out 10 yr anniversary a few falls ago.

Left the kids at home…didn’t tell them we were going. Had a blast!

I’m in San Diego and the first case came out this week. I’m with Poyo on this one and just going with the flow with life. I still need to show up to work and pay bills. My wife’s company is paying sick time if your infected to that will be a plus is she does lol jk jk. I was hearing 2 days ago on the Mexican news and they where interviewing couple of people. They all said the same thing. “If the virus gets us, it gets us. We where all ment to die one day.” I went yesterda to my LCS to get my books and it was a little crowded.

Reading material for the next few weeks… :wink:

I honestly think the Chinese government release this virus to cut down on their population. They will release the antidote shortly and everyone will forget about it.

For real. I picked up my books from the past 3 weeks so I’m good.

Heh… I know China’s government is evil but I don’t think they’re that evil.

Dude… I’ve seen couple of documentaries of how the government treats the Chinese women, it’s crazy. I don’t know man, it’s a possibility in my book

That’s a really inefficient way to control the population, imo, @Gbess. Why not release a virus with a much higher death rate than 3.5%? So so so many more effective and controllable ways to secretly reduce the population, if that’s what you were up to. Jus’ saying.

Maybe that’s the best they can do? Or it’s a trial run?

1 Like

@jcLu

Oh…Canada…

Now publishers are closing up shop to work from home

Like many of you, the team at BOOM! Studios has been actively monitoring the developments surrounding COVID-19 and specifically recommendations in updates from the CDC as well as state and county government to help us manage the situation.

Today, the company made the difficult decision to ask all of our employees to work from home beginning this coming Monday, March 16th. We believe this decision is both the best step to protect our team’s health and safety as well as ensure that we are able to continue to tell the best stories in comic books and graphic novels with minimal disruption.

Our local Grocery Store was on the news, 45 minute waits at check out and nothing on the shelf’s. Things start shutting down and people begin to panic.

You’re supposed to distance yourself from crowds, but the opposite is likely to happens as panicking people mob grocery stores…potentially spreading the virus quicker…

could make for a rough weekend.

I was worried about comic stores and now the whole World is falling apart since I posted my fears…

For some odd reason, we’ve had a run on toilet paper in my area … empty shelves … I’m a semi-prepper, a Vet and a paranoid, so I’ve been prepared for a thing like this for a long, long time …

Although I have plenty of TP at home and at the shop, in a pinch, we could go back to the ways of the old days and use newspaper, or newsprint comics … :vulcan_salute:

If you squat and hold it at certain angle… you can make it so you don’t even have to wipe…

I buy toiletries from Amazon Prime, it’s just cheaper that way that usually lasts 3-4 months. Last shipment was end of January so I was already good on the paper essentials.

I’m not the paranoid type myself. I have a really good can opener and lots of bullets, I’m good for the end times… You don’t want to be around me or my house during the apocalypse, if it moves, I shoot. I eat mostly vegetarian diet but the during end times the game changes. :wink:

Poyo you crack me up dude… But now I know to whose house I will be going to. Road trip!!!:grin:

I was planning on preordering my comics from TFAW from now on. However, I’ll be picking up my last month’s worth of comics from my LCS on the 25th. If the virus is really bad in my area, then I may never go back to that shop again for other reasons. Stores can say that they are wiping down counters and shelves all they want, but I’m not going to take a chance over some paper stapled together.

Something I hadn’t thought about until now…

Stocks are taking a hit, but ebay stocks seem to be ok. Wondering if ebay is going to send out any wide scale promotions to increase sales from people sitting at home or because of reluctance people buying On eBay from unknown sources…