Curses! Spoiled Again! (9/11)

In the first part of a “City of Bane” interlude, Batman receives help from an ally he thought he had lost for good: Catwoman! Still recovering from the beatings he took from Bane and Flashpoint Batman, the Dark Knight readies himself for a return to Gotham City, and it’s Selina Kyle who holds the key. She knows how Bane is fueling his regime, and she’ll help Batman shut down the supply line-but first she has to whip the battered hero into shape.

Next issue is Part 2 arriving next week. It’s an interlude setting up Batmans return to Gotham.

BATMAN #79
In the concluding chapter of the two-part “City of Bane” interlude, Batman and Catwoman pull a job to stop Bane’s supply ship from smuggling dangerous cargo into Gotham City. It’ll send a message back to the big guy that his reign of terror is soon to be over…but what does it also signal for the future of Bruce and Selina?

78 is sold out at Diamond. 79 has cover A available right now.

BATMAN #80
The bad guys thought they had it made with Bane in control, but with Batman back in Gotham they’ll be reminded what justice feels like… and how it hurts when it hits you in the face. With Catwoman at his side, the Caped Crusader is looking to take down Bane’s army and reclaim his city. But what happens when old allies like Gotham Girl also stand in his way? The legendary art team of John Romita Jr. and Klaus Janson join BATMAN for two action-packed issues that will rock Gotham City to its foundation.

BATMAN #81 YOTV
It’s time for the big showdown. Batman is calling Bane out. But is the Dark Knight Detective ready to take on the foe who broke him worse than any other that came before? And what else stands in Batman’s way, to put an obstacle between him and his enemy? Tread lightly, Batman, because not only do the lives of your son and trusted friends hang in the balance, but your entire home could collapse on top of you!

BATMAN #82 ACETATE
“City of Bane” part eight! Batman and his allies wage war on the City of Bane, but an unexpected turn of events will send everyone reeling. Will there be another death in the family, or can the Dark Knight break Bane’s iron grip over Gotham City?

82 sounds like the death of Alfred isn’t a smoke and mirror thing.

BATMAN #83
It’s chapter nine of “City of Bane,” and it’s time for a reckoning in Gotham City! Thomas Wayne has joined forces with Bane, and that alliance threatens to throw a monkey wrench into Batman’s plans. And as Bane’s evil army begins to crumble, the Caped Crusader must face the real force behind it all. As the end of this epic tale grows near, Batman and his allies have a choice: let Bane stay in power and guarantee the city’s survival, or risk everything to break free!

It’s sounding like we’ve been lied to about the content of Spider-man #1 and the other solicited issues. Think that’s going to make the issue more in demand or less in demand? How many children do they have anyway? I was enjoying Spiderling and there’s nothing coming out with her.

24 hour shipping delay notice from Diamond so it may be Thursday before I get time to read it and the Midnight Release has to be cancelled since no books will be here by midnight.

At least it has Spider-girl 59 selling out.

What’s the “lie” exactly? The solicit doesn’t say much.

“*The most shocking and incredible comic of 2019 is here as J.J. ABRAMS (STAR WARS, STAR TREK, SUPER 8) and his son HENRY ABRAMS are joined by superstar artist SARA PICHELLI (MILES MORALES, GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY) team up for SPIDER-MAN!

What do they have planned for Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson?!

Who is Cadaverous?!

The Modern Master of Mystery Makes His Marvel this September*!”

Spider-Girl 59 sold out on E-Bay yesterday and still is this morning with sales as high as $15.

That Spider-Girl #59 must have been a very low print run book…or it is just simply hoarded and nobody is getting them out there.

Even before the “word” broke…there were minimal copies available anywhere (ebay or otherwise) and if you look at past sold listings there weren’t ever many either.

Any of my typical honey holes didn’t have it (or much of that range of spider-girl books) at all.

What exactly is the “lie” again? I’m not following that statement. And because the link is to Bleeding Cool and they are making statements like “this is from trusted sources” doesn’t give me much confidence its really legit.

I believe the spoilers match the solicitation, at least I can interpret it that way.

Where in that spoiler is it confirmed to be Benjy? Why is Benjy calling his mom MJ? Did i miss something?

I don’t see any of this as a “lie”, , just a really good misdirect which I personally think is great. Will be fun to get a “new take/different story line”.

I wasn’t real excited about just another same ole Spidey mini series regardless of who was writing it, new villain etc. This makes me interested.

I’ve heard the same news (that the story involved/revolves around “Benjy”) from multiple other outlets as well. I guess we will know soon.

The way the BC spoiler reads, I get the impression that it is Peter talking to MJ. The reference about ‘he would have laughed’, to me, reads that they (pete & MJ) are talking about Benjy. Not Benjy and MJ referring to Pete. :man_shrugging: M2c

I don’t believe it is the same Ben (the baby from Spider-girl #59) in this book. Bleeding Cool makes that connection but just like in Superman: Lois and Clark Jonathan Samuel Kent is NOT the same as Jon Lane Kent. Different timeline, different Earth.

I’m not buying into this rumor just yet. Smells like a pump and dump…

UPDATE
Shipping Delay Advisory
for Product on Sale September 18

Dear Diamond Customer:

Please be advised that, due to a transportation-related delay, your shipment of product on sale September 18 – originally estimated to be delivered 24 hours late – will now be delivered 48 hours late .

Apparently it’s going to be as late as Friday before I can have an opinion from reading a copy! They’ve already ruined the midnight release that can’t happen tonight and any more delays will put Batman Day at risk too since the Batman Day comics are part of this shipments 14 boxes. It may be Friday before I can even get books onto the store shelves.

Benjamin Richard Parker, aka Benjy Parker (1st app. Spider-Girl #59), has blue eyes. The character in the Abrams’ new book has brown eyes. The character in Abrams’ new book is not the same Benjy Parker from Spider-Girl #59. Facts.

Its definitely a different character. One has blue eyes, the other has brown eyes.

I was born with blue eyes that are now hazel green headed toward blood shot.

Babies with darker skin are usually born with dark eyes that stay relatively dark. Iris color in lighter-skinned babies is usually a blue or bluish-gray color at birth, then change as they grow. Melanin production changes during the first year of life, usually resulting in a darker, deeper eye color. When Is Eye Color Set?

Don’t get me started on my hair color changes from bright blonde to the color of what’s left.

It is definitely a Ben Parker though. Chip Kidd posted this on Twitter 9/14
Replying to

@henabrms

“Also, I should add: the story and art here are heartbreaking amazing. I had seen several pages of prelim art and read the script in order to make the cover, but seeing the finished issue, WOW. This is the young Ben Parker’s story, and it’s as devastating as it is compelling”

All babies eyes start off blue… well, if you’re Caucasian.

Thats all well and fine, @BJ. But those real world applications do not apply to fictional characters. If Benjamin Richard Parker has blue eyes in his first appearance, then he will/should have blue eyes for every story he is in.

Aunt May got the kid colored contacts? :slight_smile:

1 Like