Dark Dominion Comics

For those of you who ordered the Todd McFarlane’s Spider-Man Artist’s Edition HC, I hope you have a giant coffee table :astonished:

5 Likes

I love the artist editions. They’re huge, but make such a statement when you slap them down to show someone.

1 Like

Be careful where you slap this down, you may break something :joy:

2 Likes

When are they getting shipped? Cant wait to get my copy

1 Like

They release on the 27th, so they’ll be shipping out later this week.

2 Likes

I pre-ordered the IDW Exclusive Variant signed by Michelinie.

1 Like

This week’s FOC has a few homages (among other things) worth highlighting:

• Robin #2 pays homage to Tec #38 (which DC already did with Harley #19 just recently). But… you can never have too many homage covers right?
  • Heart Eyes #3 has a really neat nod to Slim Pickens (I am def grabbing a copy for my PC).
  • Meanwhile Dynamite takes a decent stab at Amazing Spider-Man #129 with AOD vs. Reanimator #4.
  • And finally, Savage Avengers #7 has a cool cover swipe of Jim Lee’s famous Uncanny #268 cover.

We also get a few new #1s this week too:

• For you Punchline fans (myself included), REJOICE!!! Punchy is back with her own title! I’ll give it a spin.
  • I don’t know much about Batman Gilded City, but supposedly we get a glimpse into the crime fighting career of Gotham’s first vigilante??? Color me intrigued.
  • Bendis is back with The Ones #1. But the reason I’m highlighting this is actually because of Dan Hipp’s cover.
  • On the Marvel side, we get a new Secret Invasion from the master Gabriele Dell’Otto (open order Gabriele Dell’Otto … YES PLEASE!)
  • Deadpool gets a new adventure, but I’m not quite sure which cover to grab (can’t go wrong with DNA).
  • And finally, Tiger Division–a story about S. Korea’s largest Big Cat exhibit and the struggles their caretakers endure amid growing budget cuts. I think?

We also get a few new prints:

• Did anyone read Briar or Creepshow?
  • If so, what did you all think? Briar was kinda giving me slight Conan the Barbarian vibes.

Finally, here are some (IMHO) FIRE Covers:

• I am not 100% on this but is this the first time Lesley Leirix Li has done a Harley cover? In any case, I think it suits her style.
  • Oh and remember that Gist Stuff of Nightmares Ratio? Well, looks like it’s open order now (AND WOW).
  • Lastly, fans of Sakai will dig the latest cover for Predator (I know I do).

That’s it for now, cheers!

5 Likes

Ones #1 CVR E 10 COPY FOC SHARP VAR is now up on FOC:

2 Likes

Just in case folks don’t know about our current RATIO COUPON. Cheers!

2 Likes

Good Morning CHU.
Just a quick note to highlight a coupon we have for this week’s FOC:

2 Likes

Hi everyone! FOC is up and here are a few highlights…

There are more LCSD variants on FOC this week.

• Once Upon a Time at End of World #1 gets the foil treatment for its LCSD variant
  • As does Door to Door, Night by Night #1
  • Meanwhile the TP for I Hate This Place Vol 1 makes its cover Explicit for their LCSD edition
  • Lastly we get a LCSD variant for Eight Billion Genies and it’s pretty cool. Time to break out the markers :stuck_out_tongue:

There are a few titles getting an extra print this week, with the below being highlighted because the first prints had good sales:

• Slott’s Spider-Man gets a red background for it’s 2nd print (I think I still prefer the first print’s white background imho)
  • Kaya gets a 2nd print. I haven’t had a chance to read Kaya yet but folks grabbed copies, so I’m hoping it’s a strong read
  • Earthdivers #1 gets a mean red cover for its 2nd print; that red cover is waaaay better than Spidey’s

This week we get a few 1st issues.

• Door to Door Night by Night is interesting. If the creatures in this comic are all like the one in this issue, all I have to say is WTH?!
  • Annnnnnnnd… Gold Goblin. I don’t know if there is any spec here. And I’m not sure how I feel about a heroic Osborn, BUT I’ll give issue 1 a spin.

As for cool cover art…

• Wildcats are baaaaaack!!! AND OMG Ben Oliver kills it again. I mean, this guy… just wow. Are we living in the golden age of comic artists or what?
  • Speaking of artists who can do no wrong… Jen Bartel pops the collar on Wonder Woman’s 90s cover and the denim is SICK!
  • Lastly, look at that Brook’s X-Men cover. Apparently this old timey photo was taken during a Krakoan field trip to Busch Gardens.

And lastly, a reminder if you’re interested in West of Sundown #6 Frison 1:15 and 1:25, use coupon code WESTCPN10 to get 10% off both.

Have a great weekend everyone!

3 Likes

Hello all,

I just wanted to highlight our current sales event.

INDIE 25 FOR 45% SALE

Select any 25+ issues from this Indie Sales Collection and unlock 45% off the price with the coupon: INDIE_25for45%OFF_7AA7V6BHM3G3

All comics come bagged and boarded
Please allow for extra processing and shipping time for sale events

INDIE.25for45.643x563.20percent

2 Likes

Hello all,

First up… FOC will now be up longer!
So you now have more time to get your orders in (message received, West Coast :wink: )

As for #1s, there are a few on FOC but I just wanted to call out a couple of my favs…

• Fabok delivers the meanest of the Batman/Spawn covers and this is the one I’m picking up
  • I’m not calling out Star Wars Revelations for any spec reasons, I’m highlighting it because of that beautiful Hitch cover–love those colors and that lightsaber glow.
  • Finally, I know some folks HAAAAATE Tradd Moore’s art. But I love his style. And I think Strange and Moore are a match made in heaven.

I’m only calling out a few covers this week (though there is a metric ton of awesome cover art on FOC this week).

• Dan Hip at it again with that Harley cover–love his style.
  • Next, MLP #7B has a cover by JustaSuta. MLP may not be your jam, but if you don’t see JustaSuta’s skill on display in that cover, get your peepers checked.
  • Finally, I’m loving Acuna’s move poster take on Thanos Death Notes. (On a side note, hopefully we get a bit closer to Thanos and Marvel Zombies. Cates, you’re snoooozing).
  • That Alpha Betas 2 Mario homage continues their NES homage theme. It’s slick, not gonna lie.

New Characters???

• In Nightwing #98, Nightwing is gonna meet up with Nite-Mite!!! He’s new right? Either way, I’m ready for some 5th dimensional shenanigans.
  • Hallows’ Eve!!! I think I like this design even better than Queen Goblin (and I liked her design lots). I know there is an open order design cover, but this is the one for me!
  • And lastly, PLANET HUUUUUUULK! Hulk. Pak. 'Nuff said.

There are also a bunch of 2nd prints (I’m looking at you Star Wars!) but y’all are probably already on top of all that!

Anyways, have a great weekend.

5 Likes

Hello CHU,

This week I want to focus on Cover Art for my FOC highlights ('cuz there are some bangers this week). But before I do that, I do want to give a heads up to anyone that is spec’ing on DC.

I was reading the Wildstorm 30th preview and came across maybe a new character (maybe you guys can chime in) In a story called City Boy and the King of Cities, Hawksmoor runs across City Kid (see pic below). I know he pops up again in Lazarus Planet this Jan. Anyways, I figured I’d give a heads up to anyone that cares about DC stuff.

Now onto some FIRE :fire: :fire: :fire: Covers

• On the DC side, Sozomaika and Nathan Szerdy have a pair of covers that are hotness.
  • Sozomaika’s Wildstorm #1 and Punchline #2 covers are sweetness to the Nth power. I don’t think she’s done too many Punchline covers, so this one is going in my PC for sure.
  • Speaking of Wildstorm, can Josh Middleton do any wrong? This guy, amirite?
  • And while Red Canary seems to be doing more appearances on covers than in the guts these day, Taj Tenfold gives us another sick rendition of her. While it might not be her first, it is one of her finest so far.
  • The last highlighted for DC are Szerdy’s pair of covers. While I’m a sucker for Harley, I really dig that Action Comics cover.

• On the Indie front, I just want to highlight a pair of books.
  • MMPR features another slick Frison. I was burnt out on Frison for a bit, but I’ve seem to catch my second wind.
  • Speaking of second winds, look at the Stuff of Nightmares #2 2nd print. LOOK AT THE BABY! Err… monster… baby? I haven’t read the issue yet. But WTF is that thing!!! In any case, slick illustration IMHO.

• Finally we have Marvel’s selection of dope covers:
  • If you want to grab a sweet cover app of Ghost Rider’s newest villain–Mr. PipeMouth (or something like that)–check out this issue. I doubt he’s 50 states legal though… :joy:
  • Simple illustration for the Punisher cover, but effective.
  • Speaking of simple illustrations, look at the clean Avengers cover by Tom Reilly. I want him to do more covers like this (I’m looking at you Wolvie!!!).
  • Peach Momoko might not be as popular as she once was, but I find this cover tender. It’s one for the PC for sure.
  • And finally, bring on the Graffiti!!! I have no idea if Miles #1 will be a good read, but I’m copping this cover!!!

3 Likes

You know me too well, Ivan.

2 Likes

I figure I CAN’T be the only one :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Happy Weekend CHU!

Some of my highlights for the upcoming FOC:

Some #1s up for order this week:

• IDW is soliciting Dead Seas which seems like a cross between Ghosts and Disaster movies. I’m grabbing for a read… hopefully it’s good for some spooky spoops.
  • Know your station looks like a cool read; feels like Elysium meets a serial killer thriller. I’m liking the Carey cover.
  • Invincible Iron Man #1 is up for order–Tao’s Ironheart cover is my pick.
  • Lastly, I’m not ready to be done with Halloween :frowning: Hopefully Rick & Morty give me the cosmic spoops I’ve been on the lookout for.

As far as DC covers…

• I’ve been impressed with the quality of the embossed foil covers DC has been putting out. I’m liking the gold on the JSA cover.
  • Josh Middleton continues to kill his covers. I mean look at Poison Ivy! LOOK AT HER! MIDDLETON. IS. A. MASTER.
  • And then there is Besch and bunnies ;p

Here are a few homages/facsimile

• The Brave and the Bold gets a facsimile (not sure if there’d been one already).
  • I can’t believe we’re getting facsimiles of Ultimate Comics (seems like it was only yesterday that line was released…sheesh)
  • We get a neat cover swipe for Spider-Man The Lost #2.

• I’m showing this cover simply because I like Queen Goblin and it looks like she’s going to be tussling with Norman.

I also wanted to highlight Tula Lotay this week because she has several covers for FOC.
I love her work and I’m really feeling several of these covers.

• Know Your Station #1 FOC reveal cover
  • Nocterra Special Val One-Shot
  • Plush #1 cover D
  • Damn Them All #2 FOC reveal cover

Oh and reprints! But ya’ll already know about all that.

3 Likes

I really want that Frison 1:25 for Know Your Station 1 if you get one and want to sell.

I like the positive/negative FOC variants for Briar 2. The 80’s fanboy in me definitely needs the Layton connecting Armory covers for Iron Man. Nightwing Annual will be a surprise for some people - the series has been a great read and this should reveal Heartless’ identity.

For a pure cover buy, don’t everlook Carla Cohen on Vampirella Year One #4 and the Lobos variant for X-Men Annual 1.

2 Likes

Didn’t care for the stories in Nitewing Annual #1. And yes, Heartless identity is revealed

2 Likes

Yes! That Cohen Vampie cover is straight lava. And I didn’t even clock the X-Men Annual cover–which is great. I actually thought he was the same artist that did the MJ/Black Cat 1:25… but that’s Ramon Villalobos

1 Like