Dark Dominion Comics

I’m with you….do I just start clicking on random comics?

Looks fun, though.

Hi CHU!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend! For those of you still searching for those DDC Cover Turkeys, don’t lose heart–they’re there and just as stupid as described :joy:

• There are a pair of comics up for FOC this week which homage classic NES covers: which did it better?? Contra is cool, but that Castlevania though.

• Another pair going head-to-head are the covers for Poison Ivy 8. It’s Frison VS. Dekal. Both doing what they do best and serving us such solid covers I have to ask, which did it better 'cuz I can’t say for sure.

• Boom gives us a one-shot from the Slaughterverse. This is totally a reader-pick for me.
  • Speaking of reads, Once Upon a Tme at the End of the World #1 2nd print is up for FOC. I am highlighting this simply because I thoroughly enjoyed Aaron’s initial issue.
  • Carnage is up for FOC again. The solicit speaks of Carnage needing a weapon of his own. I’m wondering if this is going to be more Knull-swordery or if Carnage is making something more unique.

The next covers are just cool.

• Quesada does a solid rendition of Batman for #131
  • Rahzzah is just amazing and I think he and Star Wars are like peanut butter and jelly
  • WTF is this Hughes cover?!!! It’s so gnarly I can’t tell if it’s awesome or ugly
  • Mercado does a killer (and timely) Black Panther cover
  • Lastly, I’m liking Junkyard Joe and the Beetle Bailey vibes

• Lastly, there are a metric crap ton of homage/facsimiles on FOC this week; here are my highlights

Have a great rest of your holiday weekend CHU!!!

4 Likes

I forgot to post our Cyber Monday Doorbuster bundle earlier. In any case, happy Cyber Monday!

And remember our 50% off sales event continues today as well!

Cheers!

2 Likes

Since inventory on one of our “Turkey” comics has been depleted, I’ll post its cover:

-Gobble

2 Likes

Just received my last order which I added the Marvel OMAKASE. Nice selection and great value for $5! Impressed! Very well packed too!

1 Like

Hi Rob,
I’m glad your order arrived safe and sound! And I’m glad you enjoyed the selection!!! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.
–Ivan

1 Like

I did Ivan, thank you very much and same to you and yours!

1 Like

I hope everyone had a spectacular Thanksgiving weekend! I want to extend a big THANK YOU to everyone who swung by and supported us this week ( :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: ) – orders are in-process!

As promised, here are the Turkeys. Some of you had found our easy “cheat”–searching for “Turkey” returned all the covers. We figured since this was our first time, we wouldn’t make things too hard (but we probably won’t make it as easy going forward ;p )

Again, thank you all for your support!

6 Likes

That Han Solo. Lol

3 Likes

I think it looks better than the actual cover.

2 Likes

Happy Friday CHU crew,

A few highlights from this week’s FOC:

Kicking things off are a bunch of neat covers:

• I’m never not going to highlight Jen Bartel, and this week’s FOC brings us another beautiful open order Bartel cover
  • There’s already been much talk about this cover but I’m still going to highlight Jack White’s World’s Finest variant. It’s odd and interesting and, honestly, will probably have some crossover appeal. I’m picking one up.
  • Nakayama knocks another cover out of the park with his Catwoman A cover. I’m also calling this issue out because we may be seeing Eiko Hasigawa in the Catwoman suit.
  • Sins of Sinister #1 is on FOC and Artgerm’s cover is the pick for me. I mean, LOOK AT IT. How is she not cold?
  • Finally, I usually like Gist’s art… and his SiKtC cover is another banger to add to the list!

• This week TITAN has STAR WARS INSIDER #216 FOIL WRAPAROUND up for preorder. Not sure how their foils look, but I’m intrigued.

This week’s list of homages are (thankfully?) short:

• Harley has a really neat Dan Hipp family portrait cover. Kinda reminds me of Tim Seeley’s take.
  • Stegman has an homage which seems VERY, VERY familiar… especially if you picked up Hernandez’s Dark Web variant
  • And finally, a really cool McFarlane homage on the cover of Gargoyles #2

As far as reads go:

• Nightwing hits the #100 issue milestone; niiice
  • I liked Moore’s initial Strange issue, so #2 is a no-brainer for me
  • And lastly, a new series from Douek/Cormak called Breath of Shadows. I think there’s just two covers (CVR B being a Barends). I think I’ll grab both.

That’s it for now.
Have a great weekend everyone!!!

2 Likes

SW Insider 199 has done well on the after market. While checking out recent prices, I an across that foil wrap around on eBay. The asking price was $20 + shipping, so looked around TFAW and some other sites to get details…Notta. So I figured it was an exclusive, but it’s open order, I guess. Or am I missing something?

1 Like

I think the cover price is $20.

1 Like

it’s on FOC this weekend. Cover price is $20. You can preorder it at a discount from most places that do FOC orders.

1 Like

• Goes Live Jan4th
  • At least 20 comics (15 open order, 5 ratio) (modern, all publishers)
  • Each Bundle gets something from the “Cool Pool”
  • Existing customers get something extra from the “Cool Pool”
  • Someone is getting Batman Adventures #12 CGC 9.6
  • Bundles ship out 3rd week of Jan

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

4 Likes

Man, I’m not a gambler but I think I’m in for a shot at BA12, plus I’m supporting small business.

1 Like

The cool pool has some really good books in it.

2 Likes

Bundles are LIVE. Good luck!

5 Likes

I put my order in! Crossing my fingers!

1 Like

Damage replacements came in, so if anyone didn’t get a copy we have a few (limit 1 per customer).

3 Likes