Deadpool 3

I agree 100% Morrison is the first and last word on X-Men in my opinion. Claremont’s run is fantastic as well, of course. That said, Morrison’s run was the best.

Hickman’s stuff showed immense promise but kinda just got messy and he stepped away.

1 Like

Channing Tatum is one of the worst actors ever… He’s even worse than Vin Diesel who’s only great performance so far I think is just saying “I’m Groot”…

5 Likes

I was drinking my coffee while reading this and almost spit it out lol. Some did come out the nostril though lol…

2 Likes

They could have went with an ethnic accurate casting

Wasnt tatum rumored to be gambit a long time ago? I could’ve sworn i saw it more than a year ago when i signed up for Chu.

1 Like

Yes… rumor goes waaay back.

1 Like

the channing tatum gambit rumor goes as far as high school for me

1 Like

Hopefully it’s him being cast for for Deadpool to kill him off and put him as Gambit to rest before casting someone more accurate.

3 Likes

i am groot

I like Channing Tatum and Vin Diesel :frowning:
Ya’ll hating.

1 Like

No kidding! There’s a reason so many lasting X-Men tropes tie back to that run. Classic storylines, enduring character introductions - the weight of comparison isn’t even close.

And not only did you have Claremont, Byrne, and Austin, Glynis Wein as colorist and Tom Orzechowski as letterer were also creative all-stars.

1 Like

He was in Magic Mike, right? I liked him in those and Diesel was great in Boiler Room.

1 Like

Yes, the Magic Mike movies are fun. The second is the best. It’s like a buddy road trip movie.

1 Like

I mean Tatum isn’t bad as a comedy guy. But he’s a very chonky physique and Gambit is super lithe. Plus I can’t even imagine how bad he’d butcher a fake creole accent.

1 Like

Maybe that’ll be part of the gag? It is a Deadpool movie after all.

1 Like

The only good reason to cast anyone as Gambit is to kill him painfully and quickly.

1 Like

IMG_5802

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t trust Tatum can do this convincingly. And also, he’s already 43 years old. We need a young X-cast if they’re going to carry the MCU at some point.

Exactly! Gambit should be a pillar of whatever new X Universe we will get in the MCU… Tatum is way too old at this point for that.