Dollar Bin Diving

Man, you really scored there! Some really good stuff!

1 Like

Where is this mystical land where shops still have books like this for a dollar?

I’m in the Minneapolis area. A shop is having a massive clearance sale this weekend and next. They claim 200 long boxes, and everything is $1. I’m not sure if there was 200, but there were a LOT. Quite a bit of DC, but that’s not my strong suit. I left with 36 books. I saw several leaving with full long boxes. I probably could have spent a full day looking through them all. Dollar bin hunting is the best.

1 Like

Sure is. One of my LCS has dollar bin boxes and back in the day I was getting NM copies of ASM legacy. I almost finish my run from #250-375. Missing couple of books in between but got most of them from there.

Some of the dollar bin finds from yesterday’s hunt. Happy to see that Friendly Neighborhood Spidey.

7 Likes

An ASM 238 facsimile in the dollar bin already? Was it damaged?

3 Likes

Yeah, what’s the story on that? That just came out!

This shop tends to move books into the dollar bin room quickly if it’s not selling. I also grabbed 5, 6, 7 from the new Swamp thing run. They have like 10 copies of SW Trail of Shadows 2 in the dollar bins.

2 Likes

My favorite kind of shop. Sadly I don’t see them anymore in my area :pensive:

3 Likes

Hit a big multi-seller sale. Nothing that will allow me to retire early here, but all were $1.

Love this Days of Future Past trade first printing. Awesome Uncanny 467 cover. Spidey 2 (2nd print -Cindy Moon cameo)

First Paibok Power Skrull FF 358. Death of Rick Grimes.

Some rando vol1 and 2 Hawkeyes

Love the older West Coast Avengers books. First Anna-May Paker in Renew Your Vows. I can’t afford Avengers 48 (first Black Knight), so this reprint will have to suffice.

5 Likes

Hit a shop I don’t get to often. Found a few fun things in the dollar bins. Tons of FCBD books from the past 15 years. The SW Clone Wars Adventures was a nice find in great condition. If anyone has a FCBD Umbrella Academy and wants to swap for the Clone Wars book, I’d be game. Both have listings on eBay in that $25-30 range.

6 Likes

I like that, “New Avengers,” cover. I have one somewhere, I think.

I always get a little excited when I’m digging through a dollar bin and hit a run of random, older free comic book day books. Seems like there’s always fun stuff buried there.

I dig that All You Need is Kill book. The movie Edge of Tomorrow is based on that short novel. I always thought they made a huge mistake by dumbing down the movie title. I listened to a Smartless podcast with Emily Blunt, and she basically said the same thing.

Note: Always flip the Last Airbender FCBD books over for the occasional Dark Horse Star Wars surprise. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am putting together a $2 gold silver and Bronze Age pick I did the other day. Some lower tier keys. Low to mid grade gold though.

Big dollar book sale this weekend. These only happen a couple times a year, and I always try to go first thing on Friday. Couldn’t make it until Sunday this time. Was afraid things would be gone. Still found nearly 50 books. All were $1 each.

Thrilled to find Rogue One, x-men 129 (first fantomex cover), Daredevil 1-2, Vader 22 x3 (First Lord Mormin), Spider-Geddon 0-1, others.

I can’t even imagine what was there on Friday.

3 Likes

A local shop was clearing out some silver/bronze books for $1 each. Most aren’t flawless, but cool books for a buck each. Love the Deadman book, despite the rough condition.

9 Likes

I’d have bought them for a dollar

1 Like

Love this one. Classic cover. Early Deadman appearance. Display book for sure.

4 Likes

Very nice.

Here is my early Deadman. I think I only gave a buck or two.

9 Likes