Dr. Strange Casting/America Chavez perhaps?

Did you not read the effing quotes though? It’s pretty ■■■■■■■ obvious she talks about her character cause she relates to her… being latina… FFS Alana…

1 Like

Also, when does twitter ask for ones “race” in their profile… ?

Of course her character on the show was a Latina… that’s why it was so important to her… especially when the character in the books the show was based on was not Latina!.

Not to mention… understanding anyone can have any name…but…
“The name Xochitl means Flower and is of Aztec origin. Xochitl is a name that’s been used primarily by parents who are considering baby names for girls. Xochitl is a Nahuatl/ Aztec name, most currently used in central Mexico

Not to mention the name Gomez…

The Jewish surname Gomez is based on a Spanish given name, the Portuguese equivalent is Gomes. Gomez is receded as a Jewish family name in 1539 in Mexico with Beatriz Gomez.

Let’s just say she is half and half lol. But her dad is not Asian.

1 Like

From that picture, they could both pass for Native Canadian or Metis.

That name sounds just about as Mexican as a name can get. Xochitl even sounds/spells like a Mayan God.

Here’s the full people quote, straight from the horses mouth:

“I honestly can’t even tell you how important it is to me that a Latina character and her family are represented on the show,” the Mexican American actress says of the change. “Growing up, I never really saw anyone who looked like me, probably like most Latino girls. It was like our lives weren’t interesting enough to entertain people, which is completely not true at all. I was so happy that I wasn’t just a maid or a gang member or a bikini girl. I’m so happy that things are finally shifting. It’s so great to be on a show where a Latina is important and valued for her abilities and her loyalty and her friendship.”

I mean, it doesn’t get more obvious than that… if her mom is Asian and she’s half, still doesn’t take away the fact that she’s half Latino… since she pretty much claims she is.

1 Like

I had a co-worker that had a straight out Aztec name. It took me forever to remember it. I think it had 13 or so letters in it. Can’t remember it any more since he doesn’t work with me any more. But it was a cool name.

1 Like

Well let’s hope she is Chavez it would be a giant leap for her career

There are so many other articles…not even going to bother linking more.
Her bio on Instagram directly links to an article where she states “living in LA…”.
More posts, images from Latin film festivals than I can count.

Agreed…in the long run…I’m just glad we all have a stockpile of Chavez books lol.
That is what truly matters!

2 Likes

And just for the record, I work with a huge Indian Team out of Chennai (who are awesome by the way, love my Linux team out of there), even they agreed you shouldn’t go by what dreshare.com says… :wink:

just because something is made in India shouldn’t automatically make it inferior

I didn’t say that though… there’s sketchy sites everywhere… and that one is clearly wrong, which was the point of my pointing it out… No where did I say one race was better than the other. People play the race card way too quickly nowadays.

It was the first bio on my search maybe because I am in the pacific. I don’t know looked like a social media tracker to me.

Always check more than one site next time… and if it claims the info was from another social media profile, maybe perhaps check that as well. Unless someone posts their race in their twitter profile, it doesn’t have a field for it. :wink:

The internet never lies, it’s all true…even the parts that contradict each other…

1 Like

My wife is Mexican in heritage. She sometimes gets confused for a Filipina or Asian and Indian on occasion. Her mother always gets confused for being a Filipina. I’ve know some to be confused with Persians also. They’re pretty much natures doppelgangers.

1 Like

I get confused as a northern educated white boy… but jokes on them… I got more hillbilly in me than anything else… I’m just a sophisticated and educated hillbilly that can speak normal… :wink:

1 Like