eBay Headaches

This is a reason I love listing damaged books starting at cheap low starting bid prices. People are stupid and think they’re gonna get it cheap, then someone comes along and outbids them and then the bidding wars start cause people can’t stand to lose until it’s too late and they realize… "oh man, why’d I spend so much on this… "

3 Likes

That’s an eBay 9.6 all day.

2 Likes

Wow. That magic word “newsstand” has more power than I thought.

Considering just how rare some are it’s definitely warranted as reflected in recent record breaking sales. However just the front cover corner missing would be a dealbreaker for me. Let alone it being the entire books corner.

I actually bought a bunch of newsstands about a year ago from this seller. Shipping was horrible so I haven’t bought since. Although I know others who have and the shipping’s vastly improved. Nice enough guy.

I understand coverless keys selling for crazy amounts. You can at the least get a reproduction cover or splurge and track down the real covers. You can’t track down the missing corner in this case.

1 Like

Soon that will be a CGC 9.6

Doesn’t CGC rip off a little piece off books as proof before encapsulating them forever? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It’s in their handbook for modern grading.

1 Like

As long as it’s in “unread” condition it’s a great deal, right @agentpoyo?

Only Giant Size X-men #1.

Yup… Unread means theres no unnecessary DNA on them…

1 Like

Unread doesn’t mean never handled. In fact, it really only applies to the interior. Exterior could have Cheeto finger prints all over it.

Mmmmmmm Cheetos… Thats like a bonus!

Add saliva to the list of bodily fluids on Poyo’s books…still unread.

Anyone else switch to ebays new payment management system yet? It’s something everyone has to do if you want to sell. It’s basically cutting out PayPal so potentially less fees. All payments will have fees deducted before being transferred into your checking account. If this means no monthly invoices I’ll be happy. All my listings are free so my only fees come when I actually sell something. I’d much rather have them deduct them and then deposit my money rather than that monthly invoice when I sell something.

1 Like

I thought they were going to allow other methods of payments. If they’re forcing people to use their own payment system, I’m out. Later eBay!

I haven’t switched yet. Will need to look into getting a separate business checking account if I do. And that would suck

Owner of the one stop comic shop switched and was talking to other ebay retailers about how ebay holds the money longer then paypal does. He was a month in and they hadnt paid him yet.

1 Like

I switched in August and it’s fine for me. Opens you up to more buyers anyway as you don’t need a paypal account to make purchases. People can pay with pretty much anything, google pay, apple pay, credit and debit cards, gift cards. Before managed payments your buyer would have to have a paypal account or you had to accept credit cards through an outside merchant service.

1 Like

How long does it take you to get paid? I’ve heard stories of it taking all of two days or a chunk of time.

I have it set up for weekly payments and my money is in my checking account every Tuesday or Wednesday and they send payments every Tuesday