eBay issues

Item is gone?

I don’t think it comes from penthouse. I think it’s one of them books a lot of stores sell with tits on the cover and just prints or something inside.

1 Like

I have been selling on ebay the past two years and 99% of the transactions are smooth but was wondering others experience with difficult buyer with super high expectations and potential negative feedback. I recently gave a buyer a full refund and allowed the buyer to keep the item and still got a negative feedback. how do others handle these cases.

2 Likes

Perfection is impossible with E-Bay. The best way to handle it is to get out of ever looking at the feedback at all. 99. anything % says most customers are going to be happy and I suspect most customers don’t actually look at the reviews anyway or at least not until after purchasing. After 12 months it disappears anyway and you’re back at 100%. After 6 months they can’t change anything even if you call it in like when I got a negative by accident for a product I didn’t even sell to a guy.

2 Likes

You gave a full refund while letting the customer keep the item and still got a negative feedback? Need to post the buyers eBay handle here so we can all block him.

7 Likes

Agree with @SpicyWasabi

3 Likes

I always take lots of pictures. I list every defect I see and dont list a grade. Sorry sellers, most of the time books arent NM, regardless of what you say. You have to be honest with buyers and not try to be vague.

I package items exceptionally well.

Havent had a return or negative feedback in years.

2 Likes

This!
Posting a grade just gets one in a potential spat.
Just list every defect/issue/positive
A buyer arguing with objective observations (like 1/4’ corner crease top right that breaks color) vs. subjective overall grading is less likely to be problematic

Let them determine their own subjective grade based on a detailed list of objective observations

1 Like

Even listing every defect is time consuming and you’ll never catch them all.

So I take 8 pictures. Front Face, Back Face, Front Spine, Back Spine, then angles of the spine to make sure the lighting catches any relevant defects I would otherwise call out. Here’s an example.

This takes 30 seconds at most. I don’t know why others don’t do this, but I feel like it gives me a leg up on the competition when I can clearly show there’s no defects.

99% of the problems with modern books will be seen from theses views. If there is an indentation, dog-ear, or other defect(s) I take additional pictures of that defect of the 4 I have left.

If there are no defects or a few that are clearly pressable I’ll say NM or better and I’ll stand by this. Otherwise take pictures as best you can and let the buyer decide.

6 Likes

I just declare all my comics are jam 10.0 and say if my buyers don’t get such a great if they CGC it I’ll refund them and give them double their money.

I’m obviously kidding but you do see some people who basically make posts saying their comics are perfect and should be sent to CGC while the comics have many problems.

2 Likes

Agreed. I neglected to state the 10 - 12 pictures accompanying the detailed list of obsrvations
Together, they both do well to tell the story of the book.
I do feel strongly about taking the 1 minute to observe the defects though and writing them down.
The 1 minute is 59 seconds more than cgc takes.

1 Like

I had another best offer that said you will receive immediate pay take several hours to get the money. Very strange.

At least they didn’t tell you it would take a number of days until they got their paycheck or such. When someone tells me they’re going to take a while to pay I casually mention how eBay will just open a nonpayment case because it is programmed that way and there’s nothing I can do. Mean old eBay making them pay…

Mine took about a day.

I guess “pay immediately” or whatever eBay jargon they use and the English translation are two different things.

Ridiculous… eBay wouldn’t remove it? I think we’d all appreciate knowing their eBay name so we can block…

You should contact eBay and have the negative removed. You gave them all their money back AND they received the book for free. There is absolutely NOTHING to leave negative feedback on. If eBay disagrees…just hang up and call again to talk to someone else. That’s one jerk of a buyer.

3 Likes

Unless they’ve changed their policies, they allow negatives on experience. Happened to me once. The sale didn’t even complete cause the buyer was acting like a turd so I just canceled, he left a negative, eBay wouldn’t remove cause they said it was based on their experience. I explained what happened but they didn’t care. So you can try but they could probably pull the same thing they told me… which is utter bullshit.

I didn’t even know it opened up feedback, thought that only happened after money is exchanged…

And I got my payback. I created another eBay account, proceeded to buy something from the buyer who was selling stuff and then changed my mind, then left him a negative based on my experience cause I asked for ridiculous things like he did and he didn’t budge (which is actually okay). So he got a taste of his own medicine.

Be careful out there, folks. Nowhere in the title or description does the seller note this is the facsimile. The barcode is conveniently blurry as well. Surprised they didn’t use different lighting to make the red marvel logo look not so red.

6 Likes