eBay issues

Shady af

4 Likes

Report it… if people reported these things, it would start to deter such sellers from trying again.

2 Likes

I hate people who purposely mislead the facsimiles. It’s just predatory. It flairs up around the holidays, too, preying on well-meaning family members shopping for the comic lover in their life.

4 Likes

Yeah, they figure they have plausible deniability by posting it and what ever the bids add up as is what it is.

1 Like

Already did before posting here. Not sure if anything will come of it

Just an update, I did manage to get the negative feedback removed. There seems to be an appeal process which ebay looks at where you can give your side of the story. The feedback was removed within 8 hours of the appeal.

8 Likes

This is from Mercari but I’ve never seen a Michael Turner signature printed and not in cursive. Seller has a bunch of these fakes.

No worries we got CGC/JSA now this book would never get authentication… or would it? :thinking: :rofl:

2 Likes

Same pen pressure/line thickness as the Cabrera signature too.

1 Like

My first big ebay issue as a buyer. I get this book and this is how this dumbf–k seller ships it. No bag or board, in a %#^^$&$ binder page, inside a priority envelope with a thin piece of cardboard in there. And he charges $9.99 for shipping. Somehow this cheap @$$ has a 100% rating. Not planning on keeping it there…somehow the book ended up here not f’ d up but if it did…no returns.

2 Likes

People just don’t care and/or don’t know.
It seems epidemic at times.

My favorite is the binder page, no backing board, and in a yellow manila envelope.
To their credit, when they want to add extra protection for me they toss in the bullet proof Lucky Charms cereal box.

1 Like

At least they used masking tape…

2 Likes

Can someone who has access to a price tracking tool show me near mint copies of Scoobie Doo where are you 2010 DC. eBay results are only showing one copy sold at $70+ but I know there were more than one sold copy last I checked.

Please and thank you.

This is from Covrprice, it’s not always accurate with all the sales but gives a general idea. Click on image to increase size. I checked and there were 3 sales in March that are not listed here but they were for lower grade copies not listed as NM.