eBay Seller/Buyer Avoid List

I requested USPS to send me the package if they ever found it however they sent it straight to the buyer. No biggie, lesson learned.

If you want to remain a reputable business, you refund the buyer. You accept that risk if you don’t ensure it.

I will say I typically insure packages over $50, or ship them priority. That’s my threshold for risk of complete loss.

I figure if i try to get a buyer to pay insurance (or pay it myself), it puts me at a disadvantage for profits versus the competition. As you get into that $40+ range $2 more to ship isn’t as much of a deterrent for would be buyers.

2 Likes

Sigh…this old excuse reared its head again for me…They get an F for lack of originality…

2 Likes

Oh boy…That actually happened to me about a year ago… I left my computer on Ebay and my little one started playing around while I wasn’t looking.

1 Like

Had a guy message me about combining books on Mercari. Basically said would I take lower on a book if he bought several different ones (I sell a ton of Lady Death on Mercari). I responded yes, make the offer. He comes back and says never mind he doesn’t have the money. Ok no big deal. I reject the offer.

Someone else swoops on for the Karmic win and buys the books he was talking about at full price without combining shipping

Original offer guy then messaged me asking if I had any other copies of the book.

(I do but told him to message me a list so I can bundle them but now not offering a discount)

1 Like

Just tell the buyer it will eventually show up:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/2020/09/12/with-1920-postmark-mail-is-delivered-michigan-home-100-years-late/

Jos_781555 as a buyer.

Had buyers remorse
Sent me a barrage of msgs of not to include a signature confirmation after i sent it out. I send a signature cofirmation so if seller does not want arriving item they dont got to sign for it as it maybe damaged. He signed for it then said it was damaged and said i didnt put fragile stickers on it.

Im like really i put signature confirmation for reasons stated

1 Like

Very frustrated with a recent sale. Sold a copy off Eight Billion Genies #2 Variant. It was a NM copy. Buyer hits me up and asked about the condition. I said it was a beautiful copy and spine was clean. Guy buys the book. I ship the book out and the guy receives it. He contacts me saying that the book is not NM and sends picture of the spine saying there are marks on the spine. He asks for a partial refund. I said nope you can return it for a refund. He sends it back. I get it and look at it. Sure enough there are “marks on the spine” it’s the art. There are white dots in the frigging art. SMH

7 Likes

Guess he’ll just keep getting “less than NM copies” until he gets a pair of glasses.

4 Likes

Some people are just a hot mess full time.

5 Likes

breaking update!

despite notoriouscomicshop’s smug confidence in the dispute i opened about receiving the wrong mando 1 ratio variant, whoever made the final verdict at paypal has at the very least 6th grade-level understanding of language, visual evidence, and logic, which is much higher than that obtuse seller ever demonstrated.
or maybe the paypal person and i are the crazy ones?
please tell me if the seller sounds stubbornly dishonest or profoundly incompetent because their final response to my dispute is so asinine i honestly cannot tell:

me:
“…can you please answer the question I’ve repeatedly asked: Why was i sent the 1:10 variant when the book I ordered from you had “1:25” in the description and I paid a 1:25 price for it?
Thank you and have a great day and may all the stars shine down upon you with grace and dignity.”

notoriouscomicshop:
“I don’t know. What I do know is that this is the last response that I will give on the topic. You received what you ordered. the Aja variant 1:25 sold for 99.99. The concept variant which you received sold for 29.99. You are not owed anything. If you don’t want the item send it back for a full refund. I’ll even cover your return shipping. That is the only offer you will get as we are in the right.”

So how do I block people on eBay?

This is a company that I would never buy from. What an A$$…

1 Like

Go to help and type in block. It’ll pull up a link to where you can add them.

2 Likes

Return it. But in black sharpie somewhere in the middle of the book write the company sucks. They won’t open the book to inspect. (I am kidding of course and don’t advocate such actions)

4 Likes

So what is his name so I can block him?!?

1 Like

Just take out the spaces…

ebay.com/ bmgt/ BuyerBlock?

notoriouscomicshop

That’s a funny coincidence with the name.

1 Like

I dont get it they offered you a refund and return you can take your refund and buy 3 copies of Mandalorian #1 1:25 and you’re upset?

Thats not the point.

2 Likes