No pictures of the inside… for a $20 comic? GTFOH
“I will takes the loss”…
Didn’t know Gollum was into comics.
New one to block. Tried to price shame me on an indie comic when I literally said in the listing itself how there is a new printing and I’m selling it more for completionists…
Trying to scam you to drop your price so they can buy and flip.
Free country. Everyone is allowed to ask whatever their price is. You should raise it to $1,000,000 for spite.
Eh. I will give you tree fiddy.
Blocked the user mlanuto05 for being annoying with their offers. I had two comics listed and they submitted offers that were not terrible but not that great. So I countered them. When they countered back on both comics they essentially raised their offer on one and lowered their offer on the other BELOW the initial offer so that they were not paying any more money, actually LESS. They just shifted things. I even called them out on the counter thinking it was an accident and then they countered again basically doing the same thing. I’m not an idiot and I can see you’re trying to not pay anymore for anything and just changing the amounts up on one and down on the other! Declined and blocked.
To help this make sense:
Listed for $100 and $80
They offered $75 and $50
I countered $85 and $65
Then they offered $65 and $55 ($5 total under the first offer)
I stuck to my total.
They said $60 and $60, which is $5 under the first offer still and the same as that other offer with a little movement around, wtf?
Ya blocked.
No body has time for that foolishness.
Actually had a guy hit me up on a best offer in a book sitting on Mercari. Book is at $10 marked way down just to move it. He offered $8. I basically replied it’s a $4.99 cover which means $5.29 after tax. Bag and board is a quarter, mailer is 50 cents. This makes my total $6.04. After Mercari fees on an $8 best offer I would make $6.79. Wouldn’t be worth the trip to the post office. for 75 cents. I said “I appreciate the offer but have to respectfully decline”. He came back and bought it at asking price. Happy to be done with this book that has just sat out there and been reduced over the months.
Here is a fun one. Not for a comic book but for those who collect video games. I was looking at a fairly pricey game for the Sega Genesis (Punisher) and asked the seller questions.

Pretty standard questions. The instruction booklet alone can go for over $100 on its own so making sure it is in good shape is pretty important. Wanting to know if it works properly is probably the most important part. Here is his response.

If you collect games, best to avoid this seller. He seems like the “get off my lawn” type and if something goes wrong won’t lift a figure to get it sorted out.
His ebay seller name is: shylow255
I also buy old games for my systems. And I agree. Simple questions like that should be answered. Specially for a rare game.
Talk about strange - I was listening to Neil Diamond’s Shilo song in the background when I read this Ebayer account name this a.m.
I have been on ebay for just about 25 years now (sheesh!) and have come across more than a few less than stellar sellers and buyers but this was a first where the seller has a high dollar item and gets all uppity over a couple of standard questions, especially with something that will sell for hundreds . His feedback is high but I have a feeling if something goes wrong he will be MIA instantly… That or he knows what he has for sale isn’t legit or has problems and doesn’t want to deal with buyers who will be on top of it. Regardless, looks like I dodged a bullet. I don’t feel like dropping up to a few hundred on a game that may not be worth the price… Anyway, I collect Sega games, mostly genesis and am now getting Atari 2600 home brews. Fun hobby but getting expensive.
That is a sign to either buy from the seller…or stay far away. I suggest the second choice.
%. He knows if he answers the question, you won’t buy it. So why even be nice to you?
I had no idea this kind of hobby existed. That is so cool!
I had a program for the C=64 called “Game Creator” where you could make your own games…the options were pretty limited but still back then making your own games, complete with music and sound effects was kept me entertained for many hours of the day.
Atari 2600 was awesome. So much fond memories when I was 7 or 8 playing Atari for hours and hours with my best friend and his baby sister. So fun.
The higher priced an item I’m selling, the more willing I am to entertain questions about it. Especially if answering those questions will help prevent any issues later. A comic I’ve got up for $20 and they want a bunch of detailed pictures and such? Nah. A 200 dollar book? Ask away!
Maybe avoid x.o.sam991… won my Batman #666 auction, ended on August 11th, it’s now the 19th and no payment. Sent two invoices, eBay details page even said autopayment on 18th, no payment was done. Sent one final invoice and note to ask them to pay so I can ship out, no response or payment by end of day, gonna start the cancel and report as non-payer.
Well. May work to your favor. List as buy it now at going market rate.
Yeah… It sold for $12 which I’m still fine with considering I obtained it for 50 cents… that’s a good ROI if you ask me. ![]()
Yeah but if you sell it for more it’s a bigger ROI


