eBay Seller/Buyer Avoid List

Buyer to avoid? That’s up to you. He’s on my block list. Made a $500 offer on my Captain America 6 CGC 9.6. I accepted the offer after a few hours. I immediately get a message saying to cancel as they already bought another for less.

Not Sharing as it maybe a misunderstanding.

That is one things about offers I’m not very fond of. Not sure if there is a good solution. I understand receiving offers can be a pain, and I don’t expect someone to be at their computer or on their phone constantly, but at the same time…Once I make an offer, I have to sort of freeze all of my searching and purchases until I get an answer. More often than not anymore, I never get an answer at all. So the minimum wait is 12 hours (from the settings I see).
It’s just tricky sometimes with the way it works. Maybe I’m not seeing an option, but I wish I could just cancel out any particular offer I make on a book at any time after the fact.

I feel like I’ve made some very fair offers, on some very pricey books lately and I can’t even get a simple no response. I’m just left hanging. I never put in offers any greater than 20% lower than an asking. Actually, it’s usually in the 15% as a rule. I don’t feel that is ever lowballing or rude.

2 Likes

I think a lot of sellers are holding out for top dollar. Given its tax season and a lot of stimulus money in bank accounts. It would be nice if sellers responded sooner in some cases.

2 Likes

I made an offer of $13 on a $15 book day before yesterday. He refused but put out a $14 offer to those on watchlist. 24 hrs later and no one has bought it.
Oh well, I found one for $8.
My thing is some people should just remove accepting offers because really they aren’t. Most of the things I sell (not comics) I don’t accept offers but some I do.

2 Likes

I think this person regularly bids his own auctions up. I noticed that the same buyer bids on almost all of his stuff. It ranges from expensive (to me) watches, comics, toys. It’s always the second highest bid except in a few cases where it appears they accidentally won. The buyer also has a 6 feedback score. Obviously not 100% sure but as soon as I bid on an item I was outbid. I’m an aggressive bidder so I immediately placed another bid which was outbid shortly afterwards. I checked past auctions and low and behold most of them had that same person bidding them up on 90% of the completed auctions.

I know we have some IT guys in here. Can’t eBay easily see these bids are made from the same IP address or device? And if it’s so easy to tell why doesn’t eBay ever do anything about it. It scares away there precious buyers that they favor over sellers.
Seller: jaslop1

That sucks. You probably could report this to eBay.

1 Like

I did report it but eBay does nothing because it’s less money. I don’t like when I do report something that I can’t type in more info. You know to point out the shill bids and provide extra info.

2 Likes

That sucks even more. I am going to add this person to my list of banned people. I usually don’t bid on auctions. I have been mostly using buy it now before any hype.

1 Like

I do mostly buy it now myself. Nothing like thinking you’re going to win and you don’t only to spend more because the books gone up in value.

2 Likes

So I’m just throwing this out there as it’s really suspicious. Here’s a link for a buy it now listing and the seller has sold a copy already at $165 including shipping. There are no less than 5-6 copies of the same exact book graded by cgc in the same grade cheaper. One by $50. Someone trying to make the book trend higher? I think so.

Seller: toor425

I bought 5 copies at $3 each of Catwoman #26 from the above seller on eBay. The seller sent only one copy. The one book was also damaged from poor packaging. He put the bagged and boarded book in a Priority Padded Envelope inside a Gemini. The issue is he not only folded the padded envelope so there wasn’t any kind of space to use a box cutter at the edge of the packaging but sealed it using the sticky strip built into the padded envelope. So I can’t cut into it because there’s no room. I also can’t cut where the book is because there’s no cardboard sandwich and I’d likely cut into the book. You know if you’ve opened those padded envelopes once they’ve been sealed is to cut or tear into it. So it got all bent up just taking it out.

I notified the seller and opened a return. The seller stated he would get replacement copies in the mail by Friday and I could keep the book. I then just tore up and trashed the book. I don’t want a beat up book and he said I didn’t need to return it. It also felt good because he took no responsibility as far as apologizing. I got the “I’ve never had complaints and that’s how I always package” excuse. I explained the issue was sealing the bag with the seal and not tape. How if it was only taped or if there was a cardboard sandwich there wouldn’t of been any issues. Well except sending me 1 of the 5 copies I ordered.

I’ve already blocked him and left negative feedback.

Seller: toor425

1 Like

I feel you on idiots sends books in Amazon envelopes without even cardboard added. Received Black Widow #1 like that this week, thankfully Marvel used better paper back then or book would have been wrecked being crammed in my tiny mail box.

3 Likes

I edited the master list to include everyone’s sh*t listers in alphabetical order. Hopefully I didn’t miss any.

Added junke_25, who doesn’t pay for what he bids on. Really wish eBay would allow blocking of 0 feedback bidders.

2 Likes

Under help look up buyer requirements. You can block zero feedbackers and make other requirements. Just setup mine last night.

3 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

saransh mehta saransh1502

Bought a Loki Funko Pop and before paying started messaging me about wanting to see pictures of it outside the box. Uhm, no. The pop is fine. Pay or go away. Blocked!

4 Likes

Weird. Some people are out of box collectors but then they could just buy it OOB or take it out themselves as many keep their Pops in a box usually (most of mine are boxed, some are outside of a box due to the box having been damaged when I bought it or I bought the pop OOB).

1 Like

You know, if it was some rare POP that was more than $50 I’d spend the time to take it out and snap pics but honestly, most POP’s I’d imagine you can find pics of them, all sides with a quick google search. I wouldn’t bother if it was $10 or so, that’s not worth my time.

1 Like

Idk. Checked buyer management, and there’s no place to block zero feedbacks.

Yeah, you can’t block zero feedbacks. If they allowed that, then everyone would add it and all new people using it would never be able to buy anything. It’s like, they’re guilty until they prove their innocent.

1 Like