Eve #1

Do we typically see a bump on Boom books when they go ongoing?

Sometimes, yes, when the story is good and it’s picking up on organic demand. SIKTC was originally a mini-series and it seemed to pick up heat after it went to ongoing.

FYI, #1 Second Print still available at TFAW for those that missed out on first prints. We all know the potential additional printings can do nowadays… :wink:

2 Likes

I invested pretty heavily on this series. I just really enjoyed the story and feel there is more to tell. Hopefully it catches steam and possibly gets optioned…I can easily see this making the transition.

1 Like

Aren’t most new series initially a mini-series to see if the concept sells? SIKTC was. We Only Find Them When They’re Dead was, and that got extended (although, I expect that one to die off soon). We Live was a 5-issue story initially and only got this winter’s volume 2 because it was popular.

I think that’s why we often times see such rushed writing with a new series (Shadecraft, Radiant Black, etc). They know that if they don’t succeed in the first arc, they’ll never see a second arc.

3 Likes

Eve #1 BOOM! Studios Exclusive

5 Likes

for 250 print run, im shocked it didnt sell out fast

Got me one! Thanks! Hoping it arrives nicely :slight_smile:

Thanks just got one.

Now if my 1:50 will come back from CGC before the end of the year…

1 Like

That’s not sold at TFAW… :wink:

Maybe… BOOM is horrible at packing. I’m not even bothering as I know it’s gonna arrive without a bag/board in a cardboard mailer with nothing else.

1 Like

They fixed that issue.

Maybe but they have to prove it with a good track record… :wink:

Yes they are. They use the flimsy mailers that TFAW uses regardless how many books you buy and no bag and board

Cool cover

Man, that was a big one. One of my Dark Bloods sold for $125 and this is a bigger book.

Packing is fine and even with some damage, you’re profiting selling even a VF copy with this print run.

Not true. Both of the Dark Bloods I picked up were in book mailer with good rigidity and both were in bags and boards. This was 2-3 weeks ago.

1 Like

Actually it is true. We’re speaking from experience. So they might of recently changed their way of packing but for me, I’m not bothering until they get a better track record of books not getting damaged.

1 Like

Yeah, it actually isn’t true because they just shipped these to me, but Keep pumping it as the same. No one ever changes a policy I guess.

All my boom exclusives have shipped fine and damage free