Eve #1

Man, that was a big one. One of my Dark Bloods sold for $125 and this is a bigger book.

Packing is fine and even with some damage, you’re profiting selling even a VF copy with this print run.

Not true. Both of the Dark Bloods I picked up were in book mailer with good rigidity and both were in bags and boards. This was 2-3 weeks ago.

1 Like

Actually it is true. We’re speaking from experience. So they might of recently changed their way of packing but for me, I’m not bothering until they get a better track record of books not getting damaged.

1 Like

Yeah, it actually isn’t true because they just shipped these to me, but Keep pumping it as the same. No one ever changes a policy I guess.

All my boom exclusives have shipped fine and damage free

All my boom exclusives have shipped damaged.

I have only ordered the Dark Blood exclusive from Boom and it arrived fine (no damage). Seems like it’s a 50-50 chance it arrives ok or damaged based on these comments.

I even reuse their mailers, I add a piece of rigid cardboard :joy:

1 Like

So your experience negates others experience. You do see the fallacy in your argument(s)? Perhaps you don’t and that’s a problem.

I am glad that you got your books in good condition and that you got them shipped like that. Just speaking from my personal experience, they always ship them like that to me. Maybe I’m not as lucky as you lol.

No no, it’s not true @Gbess … because theirs ship fine with no damages but it doesn’t matter for the rest of us.

1 Like

WTF is that suppose to me as well? I’m not pumping anything, I’m sharing my experience in why I don’t order from BOOM! from such experiences. Maybe they are better but I’m not going to bother anymore.

3 Likes

Girls girls you’re both pretty. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Nah, they both ugly, bro.

2 Likes

Book mailer? I ordered from them twice. They used flimsy mailer so thin that whatever rigidity it has is of no use when corners can still be bent during delivery. My Basilisk exclusive has bags and boards but the bag was busted and there are corner dent and tear.

This is for deliveries that take up for a month. Gemini mailers are far more superior in handling external pressures than that from Boom. If damages can still persist even from local purchases, that’s not a sign of consistently quality packaging

I have only had one shipped to me, the Dark Blood and it was the best looking condition comic I think have seen. It was in something thinner than gemini but it kept it in good shape for me. I am new to comics and my sample size is one so take it for what you will.

Boom sounds like Midtown, 50/50.

Only just finished reading #2 - #5 of Eve yesterday.

Really liked the storyline, the art and the writing. Lovely self-contained story, left me wanting more of the characters and the world in which they live.

Issue 5 was a little bit of a letdown for me…I enjoyed the story, but was really hoping for more of the world. I hope they continue this series somehow…

1 Like