Eve #1

Issue one seems to be slowly heating up, story just keeps getting better. One of my favorite books, great art and story.

1 Like

Too bad it’s ending with issue #5 I think. I hope it’s not the end and we get another volume or whatnot after this one ends.

I can’t see how this wraps up in the next issue
 seems like so much more story to be told. Perhaps the 5 issue series was just to see whether the comic was successful enough to continue on.

I only got into comics later in the pandemic. Eve #1 was one of the first two comics that I bought, I think the story is great and it unfolded in ways I did not see coming. It motivated me enough to aggressively try and get a lot of the covers and then I came across here.

Yeah, I figured they’d announce later of ongoing but I’ve heard no news of such thing as of yet. So yeah, could be designed to leave at cliff hanger to do another round later on

Do we typically see a bump on Boom books when they go ongoing?

Sometimes, yes, when the story is good and it’s picking up on organic demand. SIKTC was originally a mini-series and it seemed to pick up heat after it went to ongoing.

FYI, #1 Second Print still available at TFAW for those that missed out on first prints. We all know the potential additional printings can do nowadays
 :wink:

2 Likes

I invested pretty heavily on this series. I just really enjoyed the story and feel there is more to tell. Hopefully it catches steam and possibly gets optioned
I can easily see this making the transition.

1 Like

Aren’t most new series initially a mini-series to see if the concept sells? SIKTC was. We Only Find Them When They’re Dead was, and that got extended (although, I expect that one to die off soon). We Live was a 5-issue story initially and only got this winter’s volume 2 because it was popular.

I think that’s why we often times see such rushed writing with a new series (Shadecraft, Radiant Black, etc). They know that if they don’t succeed in the first arc, they’ll never see a second arc.

3 Likes

Eve #1 BOOM! Studios Exclusive

5 Likes

for 250 print run, im shocked it didnt sell out fast

Got me one! Thanks! Hoping it arrives nicely :slight_smile:

Thanks just got one.

Now if my 1:50 will come back from CGC before the end of the year

1 Like

That’s not sold at TFAW

Maybe
 BOOM is horrible at packing. I’m not even bothering as I know it’s gonna arrive without a bag/board in a cardboard mailer with nothing else.

1 Like

They fixed that issue.

Maybe but they have to prove it with a good track record

Yes they are. They use the flimsy mailers that TFAW uses regardless how many books you buy and no bag and board

Cool cover