First look at Iman Vellani as Ms. Marvel

9 Likes

Hard to judge from a low quality photo of someone staring off into space. But so far so good.

1 Like

You know, I’m not even all that much of a Ms. Marvel fan, but it’s still just very fun & exciting seeing all of these characters and properties come to fruition. What an amazing time to be a fan of comics and such.

Even when I complain or feel like a show isn’t quite what I wanted, I’m still over the moon to see it.

8 Likes

Yeaaaaaa, I posted these photos 2 hours ago here: Iman Vellani cast as Ms. Marvel - #9 by monopolyjackson

:grin:

1 Like

Drunkwooky is a little woozy after that meat trap he almost went for…

1 Like

I’m hazy from the meat sweats.

2 Likes

Umm… not trying to be a contrarian here, but these pictures make me feel as if I’m standing outside of the Javits Center at NYCC in October. The pasty looking mask. The rubbery costume and keds sneakers from Modells. Esshh.
I’m sure they’ll fix it up with filters and such for the show; but just these pictures alone - not feeling it.

If the idea is the character handmade her costume maybe it is supposed to look that way?

1 Like

its possible that her first costume is hand made and she gets that one late into the season from an avenger, perhaps one with a suit making machine on an airplane. ( remember this has no digital effect added yet)

1 Like

Love this, I don’t have all the good ms marvel comics because when I got into this whole thing I was behind the curve…but I picked up what I could for relatively cheap. I want to see the Stormranger part of that storyline :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, two things to take away from leaked photos… none of the movie magic editing done to it yet and yes, probably meant to look like that for a reason because yes, could be of her own design. Just take a look at Peter’s first outfit in Spider-Man Homecoming… looks like he found most of his sweats from local goodwill store… :wink:

1 Like

For the record I have zero problems with these pictures and what this girl looks like as Kamala. I have not really been let down by a Marvel show or movie and I expect this to be pretty great

2 Likes

Agreed, I am looking forward to the Ms. Marvel series.

1 Like

I’m not convinced they got the casting 100%…BUT I also haven’t seen anything (obviously) that shows how the actress portrays the character. She may fit the role perfectly with personality. The costume looks good too. Marvel has done great things on D+ so I really am not worried. This will probably be another well done hit.

Why didn’t they edit out Anthony Mackie’s goatee?

I thought Ms. Marvel Vol. 3 was a great read. My good friend lives in Jersey City and I’ve asked him to get some pics of the filming if possible.

If the show is anything like those comics it should be great. We’re all pretty excited for it at my house!

Why would they? Mackie is a beautiful man… leave him as is I say… :wink:

1 Like

4 Likes

I think it would be so cool to be in the crowd getting to see that filmed (anything Marvel film). Not something I’d want to do all the time, but just once to see the process and such.

I think it is amazing what can be done with films now.

I have a feeling they will do an absolutely incredible job with Ms. Marvel!

2 Likes

Just glad there are special effects.
Without them, this looks like the cosplay area outside of the Javits center for NYCC

1 Like