First look at Iman Vellani as Ms. Marvel

The multiple relaunches are bad to a hardcore comic audience, but Marvel Rising characters do well with kids. Characters that kids can latch onto will be sought over the next 2-3 decades.

That said, I agree with you that most of Ms. Marvel’s spec, at least over the next couple years, hinges on Disney/Marvel nailing this show. If they cast well, as they usually do, and if the storytelling is solid, all will be well. And regardless of what happens with the MCU, you still have a low print modern gem.

1 Like

Agree, I still speculate on her, its just that I am not bullish on her. Some other characters that fall in this category would be Amadeus Cho, Young Avengers, Silk, Kate Bishop, etc. and all the newer characters that are being promoted/pushed now. I see promise for Riri, Bloodstone, may be Spider-Gwen, etc. as there are some cool costumes and background stories that could interest folks. But for most, there isnt enough character development to generate fan/audience interest. So from a spec perspective, its really about making a call as to how much one feels they can buy in at and/or sell for, and if its worth it. From a fan perspective, obviously I would like to have a copy or two.
I’m also a low-risk speculator, so that also affects my choices. So take my thoughts as MY perspective.

1 Like

Ms Marvel teaser

1 Like
4 Likes

Interesting! I actually just bought a copy of Marvel Comics Presents #158 at my local shop (and likely overpaid for it–it certainly wasn’t a dollar find or anything). It’s just a book I’ve repeatedly tried to find but never do. In fact, I never see any of those end of the run Marvel Comics Presents issues. I was just happy to see it on the wall and frankly didn’t care about the price. Ended up like $30 buck but it was near mint and I avoided the ebay shipping/possible damage headache.

Hopefully they do end up having a role!

2 Likes

Sounds like a few minor Easter Eggs put this guys panties in a knot.

I agree changing Ms Marvels back story, powers, and origin is dumb. There’s no reason to do this nothing keeping them from using Inhumans again. Makes no sense to bring back the Netflix characters but not bring back the Inhumans.

1 Like

set pic from The Marvels

That is one blue dude.

2 Likes

Love the suit. Can’t believe people were hating on her TV scenes when it’s supposed to be an origin story.

You’re all missing Miles Morales in the background😂

1 Like

Da ba dee da ba die.

1 Like

Omg…for like a month my kids would not stop playing that…it only just recently stopped in the past few weeks…

2 Likes

1 Like

thought it said SEX

Just a matter of time before Disney goes hard core.

Strategically placed her to plant the subliminal message.

1 Like

"Ali said that it’s “quite thrilling” to showcase Kamala’s debut alongside “this next wave of MCU heroes,” which includes Xochitl Gomez’s America Chavez and Letitia Wright’s Shuri. The Marvel writer shared that the trio are "the future protectors of the world and the new stories that we need to tell," potentially implying that they will be the focus in the franchise’s Phase 5 and beyond.

1 Like

I sure do hope so with Shuri.
Because her books have not been doing so good as of late.

And I have a bunch

3 Likes

reviews for 1st two episodes came out today, and they all seem really good

1 Like