FOC Mega Topic

Do metal covers look bad? I haven’t physically seen one before. Most of the ones on ebay look super dark. I’m considering this sozo cover, but I’m not sure if metal covers are a bad gimmick.

1 Like

This metal cover sure looks “good” :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Metal covers are amazing in person! They are also extremely limited in # as they are expensive to make. Villian Gaming did an exclusive for We Live a while back and his costs for the metal were high if he wanted to do some like that.

1 Like

I’ve picked up some metal covers. They are incredibly heavy but look cool.

1 Like

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 1 MOVIE VARIANT

2 Likes

Nice a Captain Carrot cover :rofl:

JOKER THE MAN WHO STOPPED LAUGHING #7 CVR E TOM KING APRIL FOOLS VAR
Due Date: 3/12/2023 / FOC: 3/12/2023 / In-Store: 4/4/2023

I don’t see art yet for it but… who wants to guess how BAD this is going to turn out (I loved King’s “A Once Crowded Sky” and SOME of his Batman run… his “art” though…

He used to do his “I’m sorry” sketches as a joke for free, then they became $50 at conventions with his reps… after this cover, watch them start charging $100 or more.

1 Like

He’s doing 3 variants. 2 of them are on FOC this week. 1 next week. Covers wont be revealed until release.

Im passing because writers suck at being artists.

2 Likes

Hold on…what came first for Frank Miller?

Is he seen more as a writer or artist?

Frank Miller sucks as an artist…

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Chip Zdarsky?

1 Like

I concur. I present this monstrosity.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Like they start out as writers and try to do art? Or try to do both from the start? There are lots of talented creators who write and do art. Tom Scioli, Charles Forsman, and the list goes on. I mean, Bendis tried to be both but when Marvel hired him they made it clear it was for his writing because his art sucked (I read him telling the story that way once).

1 Like

Miller started as an artist.

He went from co-plotting DD with Roger McKenzie to having sole writing duties as of 168.

His art on the DD run is fantastic. The impressionistic stuff from Ronin on… :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

Early Frank Miller art seemed legit.

During DKR

But after DKR … Seems like art skill/writing became something of unforgettable

So effectively after 1987, Frank went.

P.S. Signature is like > $100 I believe.

2 Likes

I like Miller’s art on Daredevil. Not as much of a fan of his work from the last 20 years.

2 Likes

Reminder to thyself: Too often we settle down on the laurel of the past and don’t invest in our craft. See reference above.