FOC Mega Topic

If you look at his past art and now it’s almost like someone else did his early art and he just wrote his name on it and eventually that couldn’t work for him anymore and was forced to draw stuff himself and this is what we get now

1 Like

I honestly think he just leaned into the success of TDKR and never looked back. It wasn’t popular for the art.

What the hell is that supposed to be, lol.

1 Like

Is anyone able to order this ?

It doesn’t appear on the actual FOC weekly adjustment page for Diamond. But I did see it in their CSV… probably just another error smh

1 Like

Yea, just wondering. Diamond has done that before with other store variants…

1 Like

numerous

I’m pretty certain Frank Miller is ill. He’s aged tremendously over the past decade. Pretty certain the style in his art is due to him not being well. He hasn’t publicly stated anything about his health but it’s pretty obvious when you look at pictures of him around 2005 and then 2014, he looks as if he aged 80 years.

1 Like

He also was open about having substance abuse issues and not being in a good mental state when he was engaging in questionable-at-best statements about Islam and Occupy Wall Street and other stuff some years ago.

When I saw Frank Miller at SDCC last year, oh man! I was glad I was able to see him I told my wife that he looked like shit and was thankful to see him.

Yeah, Miller’s style dropped off a cliff after whatever undisclosed illness hit him. I think the prevailing thought was perhaps cancer. He’s also at a point that he’s revered, rich and has nothing left to prove. Kind of like we see sometimes in other entertainers, like musicians and actors that hit it big - when everyone around you says “yes” no matter what, mixed with aging out of whatever drove you to begin with.

@monopolyjackson
I don’t see anything either on the DIAMOND FOC list like @DarkDominionComics mentioned. There is this one also and does the same thing in Previews, won’t load image or allow to pre order. Previews World has been a mess for well over a year now on many things…

scar 1 001

1 Like

1 Like

BATMAN #134 CVR D INC 1:25 FRANK CHO CARD STOCK VARIANT

BATMAN & THE JOKER THE DEADLY DUO #6 (OF 7) CVR F INC 1:100 JOHN MCCREA VARIANT

BATMAN VENGEANCE OF BANE #1 (ONE SHOT) FACSIMILE EDITION CVR B GLENN FABRY FOIL VARIANT

POISON IVY #11 CVR E INC 1:50 SEB MCKINNON FOIL VARIANT

2 Likes

Could it be an incentive variant?

Dynamite double dipping ?

vs

1 Like

Not sure about the “red” cover…here’s the green one. Store exclusive.

Seems like, despite being limited to 5 per customer (states limited to 666 copies - spectral comics) a lot of other shops now have copies listed for 2-3 times that amount.

2 Likes

Not sure?

The Spectral store exclusive sold out super fast…

1 Like

“sold out” meaning we had half available to order :wink: :rofl:

1 Like

Simple but cool looking cover you may want to add…

2 Likes