FOC Mega Topic

DC has a history of mixing returnability with ratio’s. I remember back in 2014-15 when they relaunched those 12 titles, part of the deal was if you order at least 5 A Covers of all 12 titles, all of them would be returnable and all of them had at least 25 qty ratio’s offered. The only snag was it took a while for that Cyborg series to finally get released so we had to wait extra long to begin returning the excess.

Just the last couple years they had a simple “All #1’s and #2’s” would be returnable and most of those offered 50 and 100 ratio’s customers would request. I will say it hurt ripping all those covers like Poison Ivy off the books though but you have to do what you have to do.

Some of the titles it got hard to get all of the same cover into the same picture without standing on a ladder to take the shots to submit.

2 Likes

I forgot, they also offered an extra 15% for qualifying to really encourage things.

Discount+Ratio’s+Returnability

1 Like

Any hints of new characters in Web of Spider-Man #1? Description sounds like it’s setting up new storylines with already introduced characters, but I haven’t paid attention to the press releases or spec talk.

1 Like

I was under the impression the Web of Spider-man 1 is a one shot with the plans for the spidey books for the upcoming year similar to the Star Wars revelations comic.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what it is. Curious if there has been a hint about any new characters appearing in it to drive interest in the upcoming stories. Like I said, I haven’t heard anything.

What’s nice about the Joker story is that it is expanding upon the story widely-acknowledged official origin of the Joker from The Killing Joke. I’m glad they aren’t just doing a complete retcon.

6 Likes

Finally. This book was originally on FOC back in December.

1 Like

Must be taking forever to finish the interiors

Don’t hold your breath it got pushed at the last minute a couple weeks ago… who knows.

New character?

1 Like

That’s Catzrael, aka Jean Paul Tabby

Anyone buying ?

1 Like

A Brand New ThunderCat, Calica, In ThunderCats #2 (bleedingcool.com)

THUNDERCATS #2 CVR X FOC SHALVEY CALICA ORIGINAL

DYNAMITE

(W) Declan Shalvey (A) Drew Moss (CA) Declan Shalvey

In the aftermath of his first battle with the Mu’Tants, Lion-O attempts to use the Sight Beyond Sight to ask for guidance from their lost leader, Jaga. The vision he receives instead leads the ThunderCats to discover another Thundarian survivor on Third Earth! Meanwhile, Slithe and his Mu’Tant band have discovered the pyramid of Mumm Ra - and they’re about to learn firsthand how dangerous the Ever-Living one can be!

Red-hot writer DECLAN SHALVEY (Alien, Old Dog) and acclaimed artist DREW MOSS (Gargoyles: Dark Ages, Vampirella/Red Sonja) ramp up the excitement in this second chapter in their all-new ThunderCats adventure, featuring exquisite covers from interplanetary talents DAVID NAKAYAMA, LUCIO PARRILLO, JAE LEE & JUNE CHUNG, as well as SHALVEY and MOSS!

I believe I counted 5 different covers with Calica, this one, the foil, then 3 ratio’s in various stages of virgin or black and white choices.

I should also include covers A thru F are returnable if stores order 15 or more chasing ratio’s. I’m debating this weekend whether to order 50 to qualify for all the ratio’s plus a number of the Calica’s just in case. It’s basically no risk other than tying up money for a couple months or so. I believe I counted 20 different ratio’s you can qualify for with a 50 order of A thru F. Over 30 covers altogether.

Also, ordering 60 is actually the sweet spot. Those extra 10 comics upping from 50 qualify you for 3 more 20 ratio’s,6 more 15’s,another 30 and a couple more 11’s.

2 Likes

There’s also an e-mail from dynamite I figured Anthony was going to post confirming a new charector in #2.

This is a HUGE emailer for FOC that we want retailers to dive deep into! THUNDERCATS #1 just released as one of the biggest launches for the year and for Dynamite’s history. Total sell-in numbers hit 180,000, with aggressive overprinting to account for reorders. Yet almost every cover has completely sold out. That’s why the returnable THUNDERCATS #2 is going to be perhaps an even bigger event, as more fans turn their eyes to the surging hype and incredible reviews for the story by Declan Shalvey, Drew Moss, and the team. We’ve got a second print for #1 timed right alongside it as well, for people to catch up and for a special release for collectors. With a unique new version of Rob Liefeld’s FOC cover from issue #1 for the second printing, as well as a new cover by the superstar on #2, a huge deal first appearance of a character in #2, and more, this is an essential FOC week for retailers!

In the aftermath of his first battle with the Mu’Tants, Lion-O attempts to use the Sight Beyond Sight to ask for guidance from their lost leader, Jaga. The vision he receives instead leads the ThunderCats to discover another Thundarian survivor on Third Earth! Meanwhile, Slithe and his Mu’Tant band have discovered the pyramid of Mumm-Ra - and they’re about to learn firsthand how dangerous the Ever-Living one can be!

Red-hot writer DECLAN SHALVEY (Alien, Old Dog) and acclaimed artist DREW MOSS (Gargoyles: Dark Ages, Vampirella/Red Sonja) ramp up the excitement in this second chapter in their all-new ThunderCats adventure, featuring exquisite covers from interplanetary talents DAVID NAKAYAMA, LUCIO PARRILLO, JAE LEE & JUNE CHUNG, and IVAN TAO, as well as SHALVEY and MOSS!

[Fans Won’t Want to Miss Calica’s First Appearance!](

1 Like

Not sure. Pre-ordered the ashcan.

1 Like

I am going to get around to it. Busy enjoying my new bathroom.

IMG_7292

If I counted right, ordering 60 Covers A thru F which are returnable, makes you eligible to order up to 75 ratio’s from the 20 different one’s offered. Sounds a little crazy to me. More ratio’s arriving than open orders ordered to qualify for them. Calica had better blow up demand or Dynamite’s going to eat a lot of returns on A thru F.

So basically don’t pay over cover for any ratio because they will be plentiful.

1 Like

That seems to be Dynamites goal with this level on nonsense. But they’re also hyping sellout of #1 at 180,000 print run so the question will be if #2 plus Calica is enough to cause any spike at all or at least increased demand to absorb all those covers. I would be tempted to only get the Calica and the Calica Foil but there are 3 Calica Ratio’s in the mix, a 15, an 11 and a 10.