FOC Mega Topic

dynamite spec :rofl:

3 Likes

Since Dynamite is the House of Too Many Covers, hopefully some of the other Calica covers are more exciting.

He already posted the Calica cover above. Thereā€™s the same cover in foil and under ratioā€™s the same cover B&W,B&W Virgin and the full color in Virgin.

I donā€™t look for spec from Dynamite normally either but they occasionally hit on a title that gets demand like the KISS oneā€™s. This has been a weird year and if you asked me 4 months ago I would have laughed at Ultimate Universe comic spec as being likely.

Iā€™m torn between just wanting the Cover X FOC Calica which some stores and buyers may miss out on if they arenā€™t paying attention and the Cover Y Calica Foil but I donā€™t believe just those two qualify you for the ratioā€™s without asking Diamond directly since theyā€™re labelled as A thru F qualifiers.

The unusual part is Iā€™ve now had multiple people requesting Thundercats including a guy right before closing looking for them. Itā€™s got that feel US1 had. Maybe thereā€™s more Thundercats fans out there than I suspected.

Diamond still hasnā€™t sold out of Thundercats #1 Foils for covers G, H and I. Makes me a little leary of the Calica Foil with their $9.99 cover prices.

Ooooppps, missed one, thereā€™s a second cover design for Calica under the ratioā€™s.
JAN247535 - THUNDERCATS #2 CVR ZI 10 COPY FOC INCV MOSS CALICA DESIGN OR - Previews World

Wow, that cover is bad.

I think the only covers worth considering are the Calica, foilā€¦and you said there was a color virgin of the same book?

I havenā€™t seen that one yet.

No one wants black and whites. Might as well give them to kids to color inā€¦

1 Like

Personally, the foil is coolā€¦but I think most casual fans would prefer the regular Calica cover. Iā€™m a foil fan and I think I may just opt for the regularā€¦

And look at books like twilight which have foil covers but people pay the premium for the A aftermarket.

I think foils have lost their shineā€¦pun intended.

I still like them for facsimile classics thoughā€¦something different.

1 Like

Ah yes. Thatā€™s the winner right there. And itā€™s a 1:15 which is actually not all that bad.

Itā€™s an FOC variant so it might get missed by a lot of people causing a little FOMO upon release.

Damn. This place (impulse creations) usually has all the ratios available until midnight Friday at a reasonable price.

1 Like

I posted the Calico post over on the main site, thanks @BJ

Does Dynamite still have horrible paper/shipping?

The Thunder ata #1 donā€™t feel like bad paper. I donā€™t know about their direct shipping though.

Definitely getting the 1:15. Midtown and MCS will have them cheaper than any other place (wellā€¦alsoā€¦except Impulse Creations :smiley: )

JAN247377 - THUNDERCATS #2 CVR ZG 15 COPY FOC INCV SHALVEY CALICA VIRGIN - Previews World

Letā€™s see if the whole list will copy paste.
THUNDERCATS #1 2ND PTG CVR A LIEFELD
THUNDERCATS #1 2ND PTG CVR B 10 COPY INCV LIEFELD VIRGIN
THUNDERCATS #2 CVR A NAKAYAMA
THUNDERCATS #2 CVR B PARRILLO
THUNDERCATS #2 CVR C SHALVEY
THUNDERCATS #2 CVR D LEE & CHUNG
THUNDERCATS #2 CVR E TAO
THUNDERCATS #2 CVR F ACTION FIGURE
THUNDERCATS #2 CVR G PARRILLO FOIL
THUNDERCATS #2 CVR H PARRILLO FOIL VIRGIN
THUNDERCATS #2 CVR I NAKAYAMA METAL PREMIUM
THUNDERCATS #2 CVR J NAKAYAMA LTD VIRGIN
THUNDERCATS #2 CVR K 10 COPY INCV MOSS TYGRA DESIGN ORIGINAL
THUNDERCATS #2 CVR L 15 COPY INCV SHALVEY LINE ART
THUNDERCATS #2 CVR M 15 COPY INCV ACTION FIGURE VIRGIN
THUNDERCATS #2 CVR N 15 COPY INCV NAKAYAMA BLACK LIGHT EFFEC
THUNDERCATS #2 CVR O 20 COPY INCV LEE LINE ART
THUNDERCATS #2 CVR P 20 COPY INCV SHALVEY VIRGIN
THUNDERCATS #2 CVR Q 20 COPY INCV NAKAYAMA FOIL
THUNDERCATS #2 CVR R 25 COPY INCV SHALVEY FOIL
THUNDERCATS #2 CVR S 25 COPY INCV PARRILLO VIRGIN
THUNDERCATS #2 CVR T 30 COPY INCV LEE & CHUNG VIRGIN
THUNDERCATS #2 CVR U 40 COPY INCV TAO VIRGIN
THUNDERCATS #2 CVR V 50 COPY INCV NAKAYAMA FOIL VIRGIN
THUNDERCATS #2 CVR W FOC LIEFELD ORIGINAL
THUNDERCATS #2 CVR X FOC SHALVEY CALICA ORIGINAL
THUNDERCATS #2 CVR Y FOC SHALVEY CALICA ORIGINAL FOIL
THUNDERCATS #2 CVR ZA 10 COPY FOC INCV TAO TRADE DRESS FOIL
THUNDERCATS #2 CVR ZB 10 COPY FOC INCV ROB LIEFELD B&W
THUNDERCATS #2 CVR ZC 10 COPY FOC INCV SHALVEY CALICA B&W
THUNDERCATS #2 CVR ZD 11 COPY FOC INCV LIEFELD B&W VIRGIN
THUNDERCATS #2 CVR ZE 11 COPY FOC INCV SHALVEY CALICA B&W VI
THUNDERCATS #2 CVR ZF 15 COPY FOC INCV LIEFELD VIRGIN
THUNDERCATS #2 CVR ZG 15 COPY FOC INCV SHALVEY CALICA VIRGIN
THUNDERCATS #2 CVR ZH 15 COPY FOC INCV TAO VIRGIN FOIL
THUNDERCATS #2 CVR ZI 10 COPY FOC INCV MOSS CALICA DESIGN OR

1 Like

I order from Diamond and historically their shipping has been horrible and extremely overpriced to the point I dropped regular orders from them once Image left. They appear to be trying to adopt some of the double boxing with bubble wrap stuff Lunar and PRH uses but it seems random. A few weeks ago I get 10 Funko Soda cans double boxed with bubble wrap in between, then last week I get hundreds of Marvel Ratioā€™s sent out in their normal double stack box that sometimes directly transfers impacts to the corners of the books.

They are allegedly starting a USPS testing program which Iā€™m signed up for but theyā€™re already a month late getting that started. The worst freight charges you can get are for small UPS deliveries where USPS crossing State lines is only $6 to $8 for most of the shipments they would send out. Iā€™d also get the shipments at 8:30 in the morning directly from the Post Office behind me instead of having them bounced around until as late as 3:30 in the afternoon by UPS running the roads. I didnā€™t order Thundercats #1 since Iā€™ve been waiting for the USPS to start and hoping it gets expanded to regular weekly shipments and not just replenishments. I hate rewarding Dynamite for what they did. The 5 largest publishers left Diamond. A lot of the smaller oneā€™s diversified so we could get their product from Lunar or PRH. Dynamite goes the opposite way and goes exclusive. I figure #2 since itā€™s getting multiple people asking for the title when that almost never happens for anything from Dynamite might be worth risking a larger order with Diamond to get the 2nd prints of #1 and some #2ā€™s since Dynamite appears to want to make them returnable. 60 A thru Fā€™s plus 75 ratioā€™s plus a number of the FOC open orders should be enough to eat some UPS freight charges.

Tell me more as someone who uses USPS a lot.

Funny how they waited until all the biggies left them to start trying to improve.

I donā€™t have any specific details yet but for Diamond, UPS is the standard delivery no matter what size the order is from fold over to giant box or 20. UPS in general is the better deal for larger orders but itā€™s always appeared that Diamond jacked up the UPS rates even higher to cover other things, especially when they used reducing the services and office space as a justification for reducing the UPS charges some for comic only deliveries.

Basically the problem with the other publishers now coming from Lunar and PRH where we get free shipping from PRH or FedX less than $12 a box from Lunar, is it doesnā€™t leave enough volume to dillute the jacked up UPS rates for smaller orders. For instance if you go thru the FOC pages and order 5 to 10 Dynamite and Boom titles a week, maybe 2 to 3 copies of most since they are low sellers with few subscribers, one week youā€™ll get a shipment with 10 comics, the next you might get a shipment with 4, the week after that you may have 20 in the shipment. It makes it to the point that some weeks the UPS charge is going to be higher than the cover prices combined. They complicate it even more by using a second box at full rate for other items you may want shipping the same week like a couple Funkoā€™s or a few t-shirts, etc. Theyā€™ve been unreliable forever in protecting the comics so even if they do send 20, they may use that evil little box to ship them in having half arrive corner bent and then replacements will end up shipping if requested costing another freight charge or you do without having to absorb the full freight from the first shipment into even fewer comics.

Any 6 year old with a computer can click on a service like pirateship.com, enter the weight, measurements and get a great rate for USPS. A company as large as Diamond should be capable of that as well. Diamonds warehouses are a zone 2 distance away so there are a lot of USPS options for smaller shipments way cheaper than UPS.

Why itā€™s taking Diamond so long to get with the times and improve their service is beyond frustrating. Theyā€™re bigger than Lunar so they should at least be able to get the same rates Lunar does for FedX??? Iā€™m not even asking for free, just affordable and predictable. Combine the items into one box. Maybe an option to have items held until a larger amount is ready to ship like Lunar implemented.

The testing program was supposed to begin in the middle of January, here we are on the back side of Feb now still waiting. Iā€™m not sure what needs testing. Just weight it, measure it, print a label, whatever oneā€™s cheapest for any given box from whichever carrier is the cheapest.

3 Likes

This real?

Previews doesnā€™t have it listed.

1 Like

A 1:100 as well?

1 Like

Yup. Iā€™ve seen them on other sites for sale, just not TFAW.

Well, I was saying I didnā€™t know because itā€™s not listed here.

I wonder if they were added lateā€¦and previews is not updated. Could also be why they kept pushing FOC.