Funko Heating Up

What a rush! Funko made all the POPs available on their site. Things are selling out now. Some of the stores have also sold out.

1 Like

Forgot these went up at 9. Still managed to grab metallic Charmander and Gran Torino from the store websites.

1 Like

Gamestop shared exclusives are up:

https://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/funko

Walmart exclusive Luke Skywalker is live

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Funko-Pop-Comic-Cover-Star-Wars-Luke-Vinyl-Bobblehead-Walmart-Exclusive/260803421

1 Like

Now that the morning bloodbath is over, there are still a few POPs sitting on the Funko site. If you wanted to wait for things to clear up, or simply forgot that they went up this morning, these are the ones that are still in stock and whether I think they’re worth it or not:

Freddy Mask - Eh, I don’t know about this. They’ve made masks before. I think last year was the first time? It’s a fun novelty item, but I doubt someone will pay a premium for this. (You never know, right?)

SDCC Toucans - Pass. Don’t need this.

Funko Sodas - I said it earlier, there are Soda gamblers out there, but it’s easier to sell them a sealed Soda than an opened Chase. If you get this, you could flip them for $30.

Squid Games Doll - I’d say to get it. Once season 2 comes out, it will renew people’s interest in the show.

Miss Minutes - Jumbo POPs always take a while to sell out, although I am surprised it’s still available since it glows in the dark. High price entry. If you get it, you’ll have to wait for Season 2 of Loki.

Silk - I think this is a good one. Female Marvel heroes always sell well, and if we do end up getting that Silk TV show (Sony says it’s still happening, but Sony also says a lot of things) this one could heat up.

The Penguin - I am surprised that this one did not sell out. It’s a POP Ride that people have been asking for a while, and it’s not a bad price entry. I’d say buy one.

Peacemaker - Much like the Wondercon exclusive, this one didn’t sell out right away. Peacemaker was a very well received show, and John Cena has many fans, yet the POPs don’t move as fast. Will Season 2 change that? For $15, not a bad investment. Worse that could happen is that you sell it for $30.

Cassian - Andor drops in a month. I think you should get a few of these.

Purge Trooper - Troopers are always hard to move. If you get it to pair it up with your Kenobi POPs, you’ll be sitting on it for a while.

Bambi - I think this should be a pick up. Disney POPs do good, and you’ll always have a Disney crowd at a show.

Cho-Cho - The Naruto fans are not the same as Boruto fans. Maybe 5 years down the road, Boruto will pick up. For now, they’re not must-haves. However, if you vend at anime shows, you’ll be able to sell this for double.

Alicent Hightower - This is my sleeper, dark horse pick. It’s no surprise that it’s still available. House of the Dragon is a brand new prequel show to Game of Thrones, and people do not know what to expect. However, I think it’ll be a hit. I’m seeing similarities with this and The Mandalorian. The first Mandalorian POP was an NYCC exclusive, and it was Mando himself. People were kind of down on Star Wars after the divisive Last Jedi and Solo movies. No one knew what Mandalorian was going to be about, so the POP sat on the Funko site for a while. It did eventually sell out later in that day. Then, when the first episode dropped, everyone went berserk. The Mando POP went from a measly $40 to being worth hundreds of dollars. I believe House of the Dragon can recapture all of those Game of Thrones fans that have been left wandering around like White Walkers, waiting for something to scratch their itch. If it does, that will send this POP soaring.

Ted Lasso - Out of all the POPs, this is the one that I’m really surprise did not sell out. Even after the initial shock of seeing all the POPs available at once, I figured Ted would sell out as people got their orders to go through. I still think this is a good POP. Season 3 is scheduled to come out later this season, and Jason Sudeikis keeps saying that the story will wrap up after season 3. If it does abruptly end like that, it’ll make people want to binge the show all at once, and it’ll create new fans. Then, bam! This POP will shoot up.

Donatello - Everyone’s favorite 4th Turtle is still available. Ouch! I say this as growing up a Donatello fan myself. Out of all the Turtles, I gravitated towards the color purple and his geekiness. Perhaps this is why I like wearing purple shirts. But even I admit that Donatello is not always everyone’s go-to Turtle. However, there are dozens of us! I’d say to pick one up anyway.

He-Man - There are many He-Man variations, so no surprise that he is still available. I still think this is a good pick up if you vend at toy shows. You’ll always find a MOTU fan to sell it to.

Serpentor - Same thing as He-Man. G.I. Joe POPs take a while to heat up. However, if you do toy shows, you should be able to sell him for $30.

Unicron - Much like Miss Minutes, the price point may have been too much for this jumbo POP. He is the big bad of Transformers, but you’ll have to sit on him for a while.

Those are all of the remaining POPs as of this writing. You can find them at: https://www.funko.com/search?sort:key=newest&page:on=1&term=SDCC%202022

1 Like

Also still available

1 Like

This is my hypocritical ass’ take on this (I buy some POPS every once in a while):

Funko is the most concentrated, purist, unadulterated, and unapologetic vehicle of society “selling out” that has ever been conceived by man. Take every property, no matter what it is, it’s contribution to pop culture, its quality or appeal, abstract it into a uniform format and sell to fans as totems that indicate their belonging to a group of fans.

Of course they would attempt to license their figure format to some form of show. The selling out has only increased in volume and pace since the company went public.

Now, where’s my umpteenth Darth Vader POP!? I need another!

3 Likes

True in some senses. But it is pretty remarkable just how many licenses they are able to achieve, what other company has even half of the amount of licenses Funko does?

It’s their pace of production and low cost of products that draws licensors.

They pitch it in all their SEC filings and earning reports. They can deliver product to market within “6 months” from concept to receipt of goods in port. It’s appealing to content producers. They beat everybody to market except like ceramic mugs and school journals.

Licensors can get revenue from Funko before most other collectible companies. It makes sense.

You all watched WALL-E right? When the little robots went around and were distributing trash? Well, at the current rate, we’re gonna end up living in a world where all the trash is vinyl pop figures
 We’ll have to abandon earth due to the amount of vinyl that simply won’t break down in a reasonable amount of time.

Spider-Man 2099 is finally up on Amazon:

And so it’s come to this

Anything can be graded nowadays

Ridiculous

People have been grading video games for a while now, this was bound to happen sooner or later.

Video games makes less sense than Pops

2 Likes

Black Panther Wakanda Forever pops coming

Last Monday of every month, Target exclusive funkos

1 Like