Funko Heating Up

Shared by @monopolyjackson in another thread and copying it here.

This is a no brainer

2 Likes

Haha, I was writing this up for the main site when I saw your comment. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey! I have no brain! This is for me!

1 Like

1 Like

For people of my vintage, this is heavy-duty nostalgia right here:

It’s also a three-pack that might give buyers pause.

They need to do a pop version of Stacey’s Mom by Fountains of Wayne next

1 Like

Look at this terrible bullshit:

Looks like a pile of mashed potatoes.

1 Like

ugly AF

Is that a darth vader snow man funko? I think it’s effing awesome!

I think the concept is awesome. I think the execution is terrible.

It’s exactly how a Darth Vader snowman would look though if some kid made it in his front yard, which makes it awesome to me and I don’t even like Funko POP!'s anymore, I think they’re a waste of resource in the world and are dooming us all with pollution by their very existence and creation. :wink:

1 Like

This can’t be from Funko, can it? Looks like somebody’s poor attempt at creating a custom Funko.

“We are thrilled to report record second quarter net sales to cap off the strongest first half net sales in Funko’s history. All of our reported brand categories grew double digits, indicating robust demand across the brand portfolio,” said Andrew Perlmutter, Chief Executive Officer. “As we enter the second half of the year, our focus remains on executing against our four growth pillars, continued innovation in core collectibles, revenue diversification, international expansion and further development of our direct-to-consumer channel.”

Second Quarter 2022 Financial Summary

• Net sales increased 33.7% y/y to $315.7 million
  • Net income declined 24.6% y/y to $15.8 million
  • Net income margin1 contracted 390 basis points y/y to 5.0%
2 Likes

Prepare yourselves. This will be a thing now.

What if I staple another piece of plastic to the Funko Pop?

1 Like

What if CHU makes an exclusive Pop completely out of acetate! Guaranteed to get a CGC 10

1 Like

I was thinking of getting a bunch of acetate and making a completely acetate comic. Turn the page and things change on each page. Last page is a steaming pile of poo

3 Likes

You had me until that last page.

There is already a company that grades figured. I wouldn’t trust CGC with mine. I sent my LAST comic to CGC this year. I might just go with @Alana and send them to PGX and seal them regardless of grade accuracy. As long as they are safely sealed.

As for grading accuracy and problems all I see are CGC mess ups. We like to say that’s because of the volume they grade but I don’t see any CBCS errors, the only PGX error I’ve seen in the last 10 years is one of their labels left an S off of Princess Leia. I’m sending another 20 books this Monday and expect my bill to be @ $300.

2 Likes